• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Supreme Court hearing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Scooty is the exception that proves the rule: 'Remainers are cleverer than leavers.'

Time and time again it has been proven liberals are smarter than those on the right.

Why Liberals and Atheists Are More Intelligent
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Time and time again it has been proven liberals are smarter than those on the right.

If Old Greg ever called me intelligent I would be very worried.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        If Old Greg ever called me intelligent I would be very worried.
        You needn't worry.

Comment

The problem is you seem confuse being a liberal with being a doormat.

liberal

/ˈlɪb(ə)r(ə)l/

• 1.willing to respect or accept behaviour or opinions different from one's own; open to new ideas.
          • 2.(of education) concerned with broadening a person's general knowledge and experience, rather than with technical or professional training.

I and many others are happy to respect positive (to the whole community) behaviour or opinions that are different to my own. I don't support the misogyny of some religions or the Misandry of some beliefs.

Failing to challenge negative behaviour is not a sign of intelligence, things YOU dismiss as connected with being right wing in your mind are not necessarily bad in the mind of the majority of voters or experts.

Being pro poorly managed or serviced immigration is definitely a sign of stupidity.

Not wishing to be part of an underhand, militaristic,authoritarian, federal Europe is not racist or stupid in the minds of the voters. It may be so in yours but I am happy to respect your different opinion despite you losing the vote and not getting over it .

All change should be managed and decisions of a government should be beneficial to its people as a whole.

I am not sure you can say the majority of decisions by the last 20+ years of governments have made the UK a better place overall.

The 'American definition of Liberalism' just seems ridiculous. I agree sharing resources in pursuit of a common goal (e.g. world peace or the furtherance of the human race) makes sense, but there have to be some rules about how the participants behave otherwise its likely any altruism will be repaid with contempt and abuse by recipients. That is human nature and why we have armies & prisons. So unbounded liberalism is obvious folly.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            Not wishing to be part of an underhand, militaristic,authoritarian, federal Europe is not racist or stupid in the minds of the voters. It may be so in yours but I am happy to respect your different opinion despite you losing the vote and not getting over it .
            You were making sense until, typically, you reverted to type and typed this piece of nonsense.
            Clearly you can't see the difference between the (admittedly imperfect) EU and the Nazis, Pol Pot, Venezuela and so on.
            And like a typical Brexiter you talk of "winning".
            The funny thing is that Leavers, who are better educated than Brexiters on average, will cope with Brexit much better.
            Your "winning" means your children will not have as many opportunities as they could have.

Well done. Enjoy your "winning".

A country in which 1/8 new diagnoses of Diabetes are in under 40s due to obesity (as reported today), is, believe me, not on the verge on winning anything.
            Last edited by sasguru; 18 September 2019, 19:09.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

The problem is you seem confuse being a liberal with being a doormat.

I and many others are happy to respect positive (to the whole community) behaviour or opinions that are different to my own. I don't support the misogyny of some religions or the Misandry of some beliefs.

Failing to challenge negative behaviour is not a sign of intelligence, things YOU dismiss as connected with being right wing in your mind are not necessarily bad in the mind of the majority of voters or experts.

Being pro poorly managed or serviced immigration is definitely a sign of stupidity.

All change should be managed and decisions of a government should be beneficial to its people as a whole.

I am not sure you can say the majority of decisions by the last 20+ years of governments have made the UK a better place overall.

The 'American definition of Liberalism' just seems ridiculous. I agree sharing resources in pursuit of a common goal (e.g. world peace or the furtherance of the human race) makes sense, but there have to be some rules about how the participants behave otherwise its likely any altruism will be repaid with contempt and abuse by recipients. That is human nature and why we have armies & prisons. So unbounded liberalism is obvious folly.
              Proroguing and defying parliament will teach those continental Europeans to stick their authoritarianism where the sun don't shine.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                You were making sense until, typically, you reverted to type and typed this piece of nonsense.
                Clearly you can't see the difference between the (admittedly imperfect) EU and the Nazis, Pol Pot, Venezuela and so on.
                And like a typical Brexiter you talk of "winning".
                The funny thing is that Leavers, who are better educated than Brexiters on average, will cope with Brexit much better.
                Your "winning" means your children will not have as many opportunities as they could have.

Well done. Enjoy your "winning".

A country in which 1/8 new diagnoses of Diabetes are in under 40s due to obesity (as reported today), is, believe me, not on the verge on winning anything.

Well as I didn't suggest there was any alignment to the Nazis, Pol Pot etc it was you that did that, it is you that sounds stupid. Interestingly enough you point to right wing regimes but the EU is most frequently compared to communism by those in the know.

Mildly tweaking the remainer's noses is permitted if not encouraged.

The precise point I made was that nobody knows what the outcome will be left, right, up down the jury is still out! However the majority don't want the status quo and that is a fact.

Of course you present some grade A whataboutery so you can feel like you win.

Again you suggest that remainers are better educated but that is not agreed by experts just the desperate lying about statistics.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Being pro poorly managed or serviced immigration is definitely a sign of stupidity..
                  And yet the majority of immigration to the UK comes from outside the EU.

Sorry, you were saying something about stupidity?
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Sorry, you were saying something about stupidity?
                    It's not the quantity, it's the who says how many and from where.
                    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

And I bet none of the immigrants are obese.

Comment

Working...
                      X