• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Supreme Court hearing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    So Scooty is incorrect, again.
    Scooty is the exception that proves the rule: 'Remainers are cleverer than leavers.'

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
      ITER is a shocking waste of money (already massively over-budget) and it almost certainly won't work (as intended). It's one of the (many) reasons UK taxpayers should be screaming to get out of the EU. There are too many crack-pots reading too much science fiction, and too many gullible politicians looking to make a name for themselves.
      One acronym....

HS2.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        Except it's not an EU project. It's based in France but involves 35 different countries including Japan, China, India, Korea, Russia and the US as well as the EU.
        Exactly. This is the problems with Brexlings, they know only what they read in the wail.

Less forget the technology that's developed to the benefit of all in these amazing projects.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
          It's only money, **** it!

Actually not. I can think of 18 engineering companies in the UK I know as sub-suppliers dependent on the project.

Truly a massive Tory @£$£ up manufactured by Oxbridge graduates.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
            One acronym....

HS2.
            I agree entirely. HS2 is a catastrophic waste of £56bn plus untold extra billions to build a line that's in the wrong place.
            The difference with ITER is we'll eventually have a railway line, the only thing they'll have is the world's most expensive kettle...
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
              I agree entirely. HS2 is a catastrophic waste of £56bn plus untold extra billions to build a line that's in the wrong place.
              The difference with ITER is we'll eventually have a railway line, the only thing they'll have is the world's most expensive kettle...
              At least the kettle with deliver a good cuppa. There will be no trains on the line
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Travelled to Birmingham twice recently - only person in 1st class

No demand for this service (except for the 3000 that commute every day at peak times, give them all £5million each to retire and we have saved 50 billion ) - sorted

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                  Travelled to Birmingham twice recently - only person in 1st class

No demand for this service (except for the 3000 that commute every day at peak times, give them all £5million each to retire and we have saved 50 billion ) - sorted

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
                  Personal hygiene issues...?
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Should be interesting to see how the Supreme Court negotiate this constitutional minefield.

Proroguing and prerogative: have the courts just upended our constitution?

"There are two points to consider here. The first is whether advice to the Queen from her government should be able to be challenged, should be justiciable in any regard. The second is a wider issue: if the courts can strike down a decision like the prorogation of parliament (carried out, let us not forget, in the name of the monarch, not the administration), what does that say about the nature of the remaining so-called prerogative powers, those residual items of authority left to the Crown to exercise, supposedly without oversight? What is a prerogative, after all, if one is answerable for it?"
                    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Not looking good for Boris atm.

Judges asking some very good questions of the Governments lawyer and not getting convincing answers. If parliament can be prorogued indefinitely and at will by the executive, how can parliament perform it's duty to exercise checks and balances on the executive?
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X