• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Supreme court prorogation hearing verdict.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supreme court prorogation hearing verdict.

And they have referred it to the European courts......

Taking back control. Handing it back again. Wouldn't trust any of them with the remote control let alone anything else.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      And they have referred it to the European courts......
      Not possible, not within the criteria of either court.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        Not possible, not within the criteria of either court.
        I suspect it was a joke. It certainly would have been very funny.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          I suspect it was a joke. It certainly would have been very funny.
          The problem with jokes at the moment is they get made PM.....

Comment

Gina Miller and the destruction of democratic equality - spiked

Comment

Gina Miller should be given the highest honour in the land for fighting to uphold the principle of parliamentary democracy.
              But I don't expect you to understand because you really are one of the most stupid people on this forum.
              And stupid people are gullible and easily manipulated. You were manipulated in 2016 and it continues now.

Having said all of which, I still hope and pray for a hard Brexit.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                Gina Miller should be given the highest honour in the land for fighting to uphold the principle of parliamentary democracy.
                But I don't expect you to understand because you really are one of the most stupid people on this forum.
                And stupid people are gullible and easily manipulated. You were manipulated in 2016 and it continues now.

Having said all of which, I still hope and pray for a hard Brexit.
                And what about referendum democracy?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  And what about referendum democracy?
                  Leaving aside the many issues with the referendum (the lying, the manipulation, the fact that the UK is not a country that uses referenda (for good reason)), there should be a hard Brexit.
                  Gina Miller's cases are about limiting the power of the executive and providing proper parliamentary oversight.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    Leaving aside the many issues with the referendum (the lying, the manipulation, the fact that the UK is not a country that uses referenda (for good reason)), there should be a hard Brexit.
                    Gina Miller's cases are about limiting the power of the executive and providing proper parliamentary oversight.
                    I would agree with most of that. Especially that the UK should not use referendums/referenda. Lying/manipulation happens every election - though I was very unhappy at the leave vote manipulating Facebook without telling anyone.

Good you agree on a hard brexit. My only worry about leaving the EU was how it could ever be achieved without cutting off ties completely. I never thought the UK would vote to leave! I was really surprised - though not as surprised as BoJo.....

Comment

Working...
                    X