• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Supreme court prorogation hearing verdict.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    And for those with limited attention spans here is the summary judgement, only 4 pages.

https://www.supremecourt.uk/cases/do...92-summary.pdf
    Sorry - still too much for most posters here.

Can I suggest just three words? Boris is f**ked.

Amusingly putting that into the just three words app gives a location of a solitary confinement call in the Scrubs.

Comment

As both NickFitz and now John Bercow have said, it will not be recalled as it was never properly prorogued. They will be sitting at 11:30 tomorrow however it seems that one person won't be there
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        Precedent is not a good way of deciding that you know what the future holds.
        It is when it comes to your posts.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          And for those with limited attention spans here is the summary judgement, only 4 pages.

https://www.supremecourt.uk/cases/do...92-summary.pdf
          And for those with even shorter attention spans, the Mash version.

Boris Johnson beaten like a F*****g Gong
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Try and hide your envy. You're embarrassing yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                How do you know what it will achieve?
                I have a time machine and I have seen the future. Or I'm just guessing, based on the last 3 years. It's definitely one of those...
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

I see those ******* at Leave.eu have started. Leavers allegedly desperate to preserve the traditions of our democracy fail to recognise that today is a stunning triumph for democracy. The Supreme Court defended the supremacy of parliament as set out in the Bill of Rights 1689. Parliamentary sovereignty was rightly defended today, as it is the proper role of the court to do."

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    It's not recalling itself. The Supreme Court ruled that it was never prorogued in the first place. So Parliament never ceased to be in session, and they need to get back to work.
                    My apologies, I heard Corbyn on the radio demanding that Parliament be recalled, and assumed he knew what he was talking about...
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Parliament will sit at 11:30 tomorrow, just in time for PMQ (well not PMQ, but only urgent questions, like why are you trying to subvert democracy, and where is the easiest deal in history?).

Last edited by BlueSharp; 24 September 2019, 12:18.
                      Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Working...
                      X