Would it be OK if we didn't have a trade deal with the EU? Would it be OK if we didn't have a trade deal with the EU?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 33

Should post faster

Default Would it be OK if we didn't have a trade deal with the EU?

Suppose we leave without a deal.

The EU will insist on much of what's in the current WA as a precondition for any future trade agreement.

If we can't stomach that then we'll have to do without a trade deal altogether. Presumably that would mean WTO terms?

Or have I missed something?

Super poster

Quote Originally Posted by DealorNoDeal View Post

The EU will insist on much of what's in the current WA as a precondition for any future trade agreement.

If we can't stomach that then we'll have to do without a trade deal altogether. Presumably that would mean WTO terms?

About 3 years of Brexit posts by the look of things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg
    Given that you refuse to work for Jews, because you believe that they are only out for themselves and that they see gentiles as just there to be used, WGAS what you think.
    You do me old chum, obviously

Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    Churchy says that May Day is a Zionist Occupation Government conspiracy.
    Only it is somewhat suspicious that this unsubstantiated claim has been made against the object of Alt-Right antisemitic conspiracy lies.

Should post faster

Quote Originally Posted by Zigenare View Post
    About 3 years of Brexit posts by the look of things.
    So, not much then.

Super poster

So, not much then.
    What Ziggy means is, he doesn't know. he'll have to go and check out the daily Fail or some alt-right facebook page to see what they think
    I may not know Karate, but I know crazy and I'm not afraid to use it

More fingers than teeth

Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain

Back to the good ole day when Britain marches over to Iran and claims 50% of discovered oil and names the company BP. We're friend everywhere queuing up you know.
    “We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.”

Super poster

Crikey.

Sort of. Without the transition period negotiated in the WA, we drop to 3rd country status immediately.

We also drop to 3rd country status with any country that we currently have any FTA or bilaterals with as part of the EU unless we’ve agreed any rollover in whole or in part with each country.

There’s no such thing as “WTO terms”. We would be subject to tariffs based on MFN with each of those countries, and we would be subject to any 3rd party non-tariff barriers with each of those countries (eg SPS, inspections, regulatory restrictions, etc).

And regardless of any trade negotiations, the U.K. will find itself under pressure from the EU and others to finalise much of what’s in the WA anyway (eg EU and the financial settlement and citizens rights, US and China and the Irish border, etc)

Super poster

Quote Originally Posted by Whorty View Post
    What Ziggy means is, he doesn't know. he'll have to go and check out the daily Fail or some alt-right facebook page to see what they think
    That's what I like about you remainers, you're absolutely ****ed!
    Given that you refuse to work for Jews, because you believe that they are only out for themselves and that they see gentiles as just there to be used, WGAS what you think.
    You do me old chum, obviously

Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    Churchy says that May Day is a Zionist Occupation Government conspiracy.
    Only it is somewhat suspicious that this unsubstantiated claim has been made against the object of Alt-Right antisemitic conspiracy lies.

Fingers like lightning

A few rounds on the “plastic educator” it would seem

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Fingers like lightning

Default Would it be OK if we didn't have a trade deal with the EU?

Quote Originally Posted by Zigenare View Post
    That's what I like about you remainers, you're absolutely ****ed!
    By a white English girl only

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Godlike

You are a twit of the first order. The UK cannot just fall back on WTO rules, it will take years. Please read the WTO website.
    World Trade Organization - Home page - Global trade
    Brexiteers remind me of religious fanatics, only faith, no facts.