• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Labour Brexit policy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Labour Brexit policy

Just to check I have this right

- Negotiate a new deal (based on staying in customs union & of "workers rights")
    - Get the deal through parliament (likely?)
    - Put the deal to a referendum (just to rerun the arguments)
    - Labour will not campaign either way (even though it is their deal)
    - (their deputy & MP's wants remain, Corbyn hates the EU, half their voters want leave, Unions want leave)
    - If result is no - go back to GO

This seems straightforward for the next 3 years to heal divisions in parliament and the people

At least the Lib Dem's I suppose would end this on Day 1.

Originally posted by saptastic View Post

- Negotiate a new deal (based on staying in customs union & of "workers rights")
    - (their deputy & MP's wants remain, Corbyn hates the EU, half their voters want leave, Unions want leave)

This seems straightforward for the next 3 years to heal divisions in parliament and the people

There is no Labour Brexit policy apart from hoping and praying for chaos they can exploit.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Didn't Labour promise in their previous GE manifesto to abide by the results of the first EU referendum?

Just asking, like...
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
        Didn't Labour promise in their previous GE manifesto to abide by the results of the first EU referendum?

Just asking, like...
        They lied.

Oh wait. Only the leave party lies. All the others tell the truth. God I am thick.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          They lied.

Oh wait. Only the leave party lies. All the others tell the truth. God I am thick.....
          Careful, you just said that out loud...
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Mostly correct. The bit that is wrong is point 5; polls show that Labour voters mostly support remain (something like 60:40) so in fact, Corbyn is at odds with his support base.

Everything else seems about right.

This is why, if you want to Remain you vote Lib Dem. If you want to Leave vote Brexit Party/Tory. If you want to destroy the Tories vote for them, give them a majority, let them have hard Brexit and they'll never get into power again once everyone feels what a hard brexit is like.

I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Just asking, like...
              The first was about joining...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                The first was about joining...
                We didn't have a referendum about joining the EU.

Hth.
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                  Mostly correct. The bit that is wrong is point 5; polls show that Labour voters mostly support remain (something like 60:40) so in fact, Corbyn is at odds with his support base.

Everything else seems about right.

This is why, if you want to Remain you vote Lib Dem. If you want to Leave vote Brexit Party/Tory. If you want to destroy the Tories vote for them, give them a majority, let them have hard Brexit and they'll never get into power again once everyone feels what a hard brexit is like.

or perhaps vote Labour and get a taste of Marxist policies and then the electorate will never vote Labour again, always supposing that the Marxist dictatorship allows another election.

Comment

We didn't have a referendum about joining the EU.

Hth.
                    EC evolved into EU

Comment

Working...
                    X