• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another Bexit casualty

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Bexit casualty

Thomas Cook collapses as last-ditch rescue talks fail - BBC News
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

I assume you are being tongue in cheek the report states

"Thomas Cook has blamed a series of issues for its problems, including political unrest in holiday destinations such as Turkey, last summer's prolonged heatwave and customers delaying booking holidays because of Brexit."

Has anyone you know actually not booked a holiday in Europe because of Brexit?

Here are the things you need to consider when travelling to Europe after Brexit

Visit Europe after Brexit - GOV.UK

See anything overly new there?

Interestingly enough I just checked and apparently you need a IDP to drive in America - I have not ever got one the last 3 times I went nor did anyone ever advise me that I should...such as the car rental firm I used.

which is interesting...
    Last edited by original PM; 23 September 2019, 08:30.

Comment

Thomas cook

Does anyone here actually use them? Walking into a travel agents to book a holiday was something me folks did in the 80's.

Thomas Cook collapses as last-ditch rescue talks fail

Please note that this absolutely, completely and utterly nothing to do with Brexit.

The uncertainty over the UK leaving the EU and the plunge in the value of the pound are entirely unrelated to the demise of Thomas Cook.

Yours, Boris Johnson.

P. S. I will begin an investigation to exonerate myself accordingly ASAP.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Interestingly this topic has just appeared in the Brexit forum..

So i'll just re-post the response from their into here

I assume you are being tongue in cheek the report states

"Thomas Cook has blamed a series of issues for its problems, including political unrest in holiday destinations such as Turkey, last summer's prolonged heatwave and customers delaying booking holidays because of Brexit."

Here are the things you need to consider when travelling to Europe after Brexit

Visit Europe after Brexit - GOV.UK

See anything overly new there?

Interestingly enough I just checked and apparently you need a IDP to drive in America - I have not ever got one the last 3 times I went nor did anyone ever advise me that I should...such as the car rental firm I used.

which is interesting...

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post

Family scooter cancelled our travel plans to the UK to visit family in March as we were uncertain about border restrictions on our return to Germany.

We were not alone.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Clearly this is nothing to do with Brexit! How dare you!

Family scooter cancelled our travel plans to the UK to visit family in March as we were uncertain about border restrictions on our return to Germany.

We were not alone I'm sure. Just because the UK hasn't left doesn't mean businesses are not feeling the pain. So much stock piling went on for an event that never took place.. with much fruit n veg tossed into the waste. Criminal.

Comment

150,000 people are on holiday with them right now apparently, so yes they do.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                No one I know personally, but when we were in Lanzarote at Easter and Summer, the hotels seemed (comparatively) dead, so although it might not have been the sole factor, I'd be surprised if it wasn't a contributing one. The fact that it's been extended numerous times probably hasn't helped. "I'll wait until xxxx and see what happens with visas etc..... Oh it's been delayed...... I'll wait until after......."
                And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

We were not alone.
                  Oh and in hind sight was that a good decision?

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    Does anyone here actually use them?
                    I was supposed to be going away in February with them but we didn't book it in a store. It all was done online.
                    If you don't have anything nice to say, say it sarcastically

Comment

Working...
                    X