• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why the calls for Boris to resign?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Listening to him speaking in New York, incredible language. He clearly does not realise the unattainable position he is in. He's speaking like a head of state riding on a landslide victory. He's strongly disagrees with the ruling... he just said. He'll be proroguing again before the week's out.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
      All he's ever wanted to be, his whole life, is PM. Can't see him giving that up easily.
      Indeed. I find it remarkable after all these years of planning and strategising and manoeuvring that such a clever guy could make such a hash of it, so quickly. I don't like him and I don't know I agree with much of what he thinks, but I certainly would have expected him to actually be quite good at holding the position of PM.

It puts me in mind of House of Cards (the Spacey version, I haven't read or seen the originals) - Underwood spends all those years working to get into power only to find it an unending series of catastrophes.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Indeed. I find it remarkable after all these years of planning and strategising and manoeuvring that such a clever guy could make such a hash of it, so quickly. I don't like him and I don't know I agree with much of what he thinks, but I certainly would have expected him to actually be quite good at holding the position of PM.

It puts me in mind of House of Cards (the Spacey version, I haven't read or seen the originals) - Underwood spends all those years working to get into power only to find it an unending series of catastrophes.
        Is he a clever guy? Or is he a mediocrity who has never really been tested properly before?
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Is he a clever guy? Or is he a mediocrity who has never really been tested properly before?
          Why don't YOU explain it to us? You've spent your life as a mediocrity, give us chapter and verse and speak from a position of knowledge for once.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Pragmatically, if BJ did decide to resign surely this would trigger a new leadership contest which could take us past Oct31?
            Equally, the opposition do not want a GE.

If the PM DID resign then could we have no PM - is that possible? Because the "no no deal" law explicitly stipulates the PM must request an extension if no deal is reached by October 19. If there IS no PM, they don't have to request an extension.

Possible?
            He should resign because he advised the queen to illegally prorogue Parliament.

A new PM could then be found who had the confidence of the HoC.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              He should resign because he advised the queen to illegally prorogue Parliament.
              Not according to the High Court in England.

Now obviously the Supreme Court view it differently, but the fact that this discrepancy exists simply highlights the fact that his advice to the Queen could have been given in all good faith.

What a great shame that the sainted Gina wasn't so animated when John Major prorogued Parliament for even longer in order to avoid the fallout from the Cash for Questions scandal.
              “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                Not according to the High Court in England.

Now obviously the Supreme Court view it differently, but the fact that this discrepancy exists simply highlights the fact that his advice to the Queen could have been given in all good faith.

What a great shame that the sainted Gina wasn't so animated when John Major prorogued Parliament for even longer in order to avoid the fallout from the Cash for Questions scandal.
                Have you worked out the relationship between the High Court and the Supreme Court? Say if you need help.

Do you know the difference between in good faith and legal? Say if you need help.

Comment

Have you worked out the relationship between the High Court and the Supreme Court?
                  Naturally, but their differing views only became apparent AFTER the fact.

Do you know the difference between in good faith and legal?
                  Yes, but in this instance, at the time of Boris's meeting with the Queen, there was certainly no reason to believe that the two were any different.

Now do try and stay on task, I know it's hard for you given your limitations.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                    Naturally, but their differing views only became apparent AFTER the fact.

Yes, but in this instance, at the time of Boris's meeting with the Queen, there was certainly no reason to believe that the two were any different.

Now do try and stay on task, I know it's hard for you given your limitations.

Illegal is illegal. There was a time when illegally suspending Parliament would be seen as a serious matter. But as I've said, the gammons hate British Parliamentary democracy and the rule of law. Fun to watch you squirm, though.

Comment

Illegal is illegal. There was a time when illegally suspending Parliament would be seen as a serious matter. But as I've said, the gammons hate British Parliamentary democracy and the rule of law. Fun to watch you squirm, though.
                      No squirming over here. Just amusement at the continued petulant hysterics of the Bremoaners.

Comment

Working...
                      X