• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why the calls for Boris to resign?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Is he a clever guy? Or is he a mediocrity who has never really been tested properly before?
    The bumbling Boris thing is an act, or at least a persona. If you look at his education and his writings he's clearly able to express eloquent positions in quite deliberately chosen tones. He's a smart guy.

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    Why? What has he ever done to suggest he would be good at the role of PM? He only became Mayor of London because everyone was sick of Ken - it wasn't a vote for Boris, it was a 'no vote' for Ken.

He was useless as foreign minister.

So, genuine question. What did he ever do to think he would become a good PM?
    I meant in terms of the politicking and the scheming. i.e. good at remaining PM and protecting himself, rather than good for the country.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      The bumbling Boris thing is an act, or at least a persona. If you look at his education and his writings he's clearly able to express eloquent positions in quite deliberately chosen tones. He's a smart guy.

Like Gove, he does a have a superficial facility with language, I grant you.
      But does a degree in classics (or English) give one the ability to reason deeply about complex issues that require some numeracy?
      Or do such degrees promote a proficiency in glib sound-bites that appeal to the gammon?
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Like Gove, he does a have a superficial facility with language, I grant you.
        But does a degree in classics (or English) give one the ability to reason deeply about complex issues that require some numeracy?
        Or do such degrees promote a proficiency in glib sound-bites that appeal to the gammon?
        Glib sound-bites that appeal to the electorate. Its how the system works.

Complex issues require logic not numeracy.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Complex issues require logic not numeracy.
          Indeed. Logic is more important than numeracy. But need both. How do you get that "analysing" English or Latin literature?
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Indeed. Logic is more important than numeracy. But need both. How do you get that "analysing" English or Latin literature?
            In my naive world, I see politicians that employ bright civil servants to do the thinking - the politicians then select the best option. Then I am bought rudely to reality by Cummins....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              In my naive world, I see politicians that employ bright civil servants to do the thinking - the politicians then select the best option. Then I am bought rudely to reality by Cummins....
              Cummings, the unelected 'de facto' leader of the country, is not really a civil servant but a Spad - 'Special Advisor'. Special advisers are paid by central government and are styled as so-called "temporary civil servants" appointed under Article 3 of the Civil Service Order in Council 1995.
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

He really is an ugly mofo it must be said.

When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  Cummings, the unelected 'de facto' leader of the country, is not really a civil servant but a Spad - 'Special Advisor'. Special advisers are paid by central government and are styled as so-called "temporary civil servants" appointed under Article 3 of the Civil Service Order in Council 1995.
                  I think he counts as special. Needs....

Comment

Is he a clever guy? Or is he a mediocrity who has never really been tested properly before?
                    He is very good at Ancient Greek irregular verbs

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                      Disposable civil “servant”

Comment

Working...
                      X