• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Arise Dame Gina Miller ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Lets say that happens, would a deal get through parliament?
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Yes, I think so.
    that's a no then.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      that's a no then.
      Parliament would have to buckle down on a polished turd - especially one supported (while holding their nose) by the Tory party, the EU, business leaders and a fed-up public.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Parliament would have to buckle down on a polished turd - especially one supported (while holding their nose) by the Tory party, the EU, business leaders and a fed-up public.
        The public is very fed-up. But I am still not convinced parliament would vote for it.

Personally I would support anything just to make Brexit go away.....

Comment

Parliament could amend any deal to be subject to a referendum. The EU would need to agree to an extension for this.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            Parliament could amend any deal to be subject to a referendum. The EU would need to agree to an extension for this.
            Unlikely in the time left - and I think Boris prorogued purely because he knew the polished turd would come through, and wanted to put pressure on Parliament.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Will you have enough tired old cliches to see you through till Oct 31st?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                Will you have enough tired old cliches to see you through till Oct 31st?

'Tired old cliche' is a tired old cliche.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  'Tired old cliche' is a tired old cliche.

HTH
                  whereas you're more like an out of date quiche.

Comment

I thought Parliament ruled on behalf of the people.
                    What on earth gave you that idea?
                    Then why have a referendum?
                    So that Cameron could take away from the Ukip vote and get a good majority. I mean, there was no way he was going to lose, was he?
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                      What on earth gave you that idea?
                      So that Cameron could take away from the Ukip vote and get a good majority. I mean, there was no way he was going to lose, was he?

surprised the sh1te out of him AIR.
                      bugger off sharpish he did, soon after.

Comment

Working...
                      X