• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Arise Dame Gina Miller ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arise Dame Gina Miller ...

...for services to British democracy.

<<Placeholder for now>>
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

<<Placeholder for now>>
    Sadly, a Brexiteer's bullet is more likely.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      Sadly, a Brexiteer's bullet is more likely.
      I've seen a few death threats along those lines on Facebook.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

It seems to me she has certainly put herself in harms way to defend the constitution and democracy so many died for. She is to be commended.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          I've seen a few death threats along those lines on Facebook.
          Lets hope they all get deported.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

<<Placeholder for now>>
            Or services to the legal industry, who are gradually getting even richer on the back of her obsessive need to get her own way (and be on telly all the time). I'd respect her (only slightly though) if she actually stood for election and worked towards a solution, instead of running to the Supreme Court every time she didn't agree with something.
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
              Or services to the legal industry, who are gradually getting even richer on the back of her obsessive need to get her own way (and be on telly all the time). I'd respect her (only slightly though) if she actually stood for election and worked towards a solution, instead of running to the Supreme Court every time she didn't agree with something.
              Both cases are landmarks that have confirmed Parliament’s sovereignty over the Government.

Isn’t that what you voted for?

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                Both cases are landmarks that have confirmed Parliament’s sovereignty over the Government.

Isn’t that what you voted for?
                I thought Parliament ruled on behalf of the people.

Whether or not you agree with the vote in 2016, that is what parliament should be working towards.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                  The rule of law is a bitch, innit?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    I thought Parliament ruled on behalf of the people.

Whether or not you agree with the vote in 2016, that is what parliament should be working towards.
                    They represent the people. They are not delegates.

Comment

Working...
                    X