• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

And Boris is ripping the opposition to shreds...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's fascinating watching what used to be one of the most respected democracies in the world become similar to an African tin-pot state. And it's happening so fast.
    I think people think that things will go back to what they were, but they won't.
    Still, history tells us that all empires fall into chaos.
    "Developed" versus "3rd world"? Only cretins believe membership of those categories are fixed.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
      Why? As in, why should this even be necessary? Have a think about what you’re advocating.

Again, why? If Brexit it such a great thing (if done properly), then why would any delay in setting it up properly justify violence?

There’s your problem. The point with Boris is that nobody knows where they stand with him, because he will blatantly lie to your face if he thinks it will get him something.

He’s an immature 9 year old that will lie and cheat, and then stamp his feet if he doesn’t get his way.
      Seriously??

Most the people I work with will lie through their teeth to get what they want.

Politicians are just better at it.

Ummmm also can you think if any other group of people who did not get their own way a year or 3 back and are stamping their feet?

Just asking, take your time.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        It's fascinating watching what used to be one of the most respected democracies in the world become similar to an African tin-pot state. And it's happening so fast.
        I think people think that things will go back to what they were, but they won't.
        "Developed" versus "3rd world"? Only cretins believe membership of those categories are fixed.
        I could not agree more. Leaving the EU in March would have solved all this.

Sadly it has been downhill since Victoria died. A pity really the UK did not go on to take the empire to the whole planet - then it might have been possible to do something about climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          yes, and generally from corruption from within. The fall of the Roman Empire took some time, but I guess the British Empire will take much less time to fall, if it hasn't fallen already.

Comment

What if the UK left and joined the EU the following month. Would levers be happy? We left, democracy honoured.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              What if the UK left and joined the EU the following month. Would levers be happy? We left, democracy honoured.
              That is true technically it would!

Some people will never be happy. Some people even want the return of LSD. Tis a nation divided.

Comment

Problem is that if we leave and then re-join, we have to join under the current rules for new joiners - i.e. accepting the Euro, etc.

If TM had just pushed through the deal in March, without parliamentary support, we’d be out by now with an agreement.
                Instead she decided to allow parliament to debate and vote on it.
                BJ, on the other hand, wants no deal and no debate.

Since the public didn’t vote for “no deal” in the referendum, then which one of the two PMs is doing the more democratic thing?
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  Seriously??

Most the people I work with will lie through their teeth to get what they want.

Politicians are just better at it.

Ummmm also can you think if any other group of people who did not get their own way a year or 3 back and are stamping their feet?

Just asking, take your time.
                  Point taken! The 'only' flaw in your theory is that BoJo is not even good at lying, as him keep being easily caught proves...
                  "The boy who cried Sheep"

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    I am no fan of Boris. That proroguing was nonsense. But at least you know where you stand with him.
                    Guarding your back.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

You mean in a couple of years time when our economy is screwed and we have to adopt a safe currency like the euro.

Party campaign for the next election when due under the fixed term parliament act, post October 31st no deal extravaganza:

Last edited by BlueSharp; 26 September 2019, 10:40.
                      Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Working...
                      X