• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

FB Comments on Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    So you went from ....

.... to the above and you think that validates your argument? Repeatedly = one couple? And you said in Spain, yet they were a French couple?

Have you spotted yet where your argument fell apart?

Wouldn't that be like me going into a shop in a tourist area, picking one at random let's say Brighton, and asking someone there their view on Brexit and when they say they are all for Remain extrapolating that one conversation to the whole nation?

Dim does not go far enough sometimes to describe some of you lot who voted out
    I gave one example. There were others, but there's no point in attempting a debate with a blinkered halfwit who thinks Spain=Benidorm.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
      I gave one example. There were others, but there's no point in attempting a debate with a blinkered halfwit who thinks Spain=Benidorm.
      Mordy, Mordy. There's a reason you didn't too well in school. It's 'cause you're a bit dim.

HTH, BIDI.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Mordy, Mordy. Errr, you're thick you!

HTH, BIDI.
        Informative, erudite and obviously well considered! Top marks!
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          In response to Boris's proposal

just walk away they'll come running with a deal tailored for us
          Just like two years ago them brexiteers were saying the German car manufacturers would be pushing the German government for a deal and would never allow a hard brexit let alone a no deal Brexit
          Never happened
          Слава Україні! Героям слава!

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
            Ziggy, Ziggy. There's a reason you didn't too well in school. It's 'cause you're a bit dim.

HTH, BIDI.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Ziggy, Ziggy. There's a reason you didn't too well in school. It's 'cause you're a bit dim.

HTH, BIDI.
              And he was triggered into an impotent rage by feedback from the teaching staff.

Comment

Mordy, Mordy. There's a reason you didn't too well in school. It's 'cause you're a bit dim.

HTH, BIDI.
                And wasn't because I bunked off when they were teaching basic grammar...
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                  Never been to Benidorm, dear boy. Last time I went to Spain I was up in the Andalucian hills tracking the Iberian Lynx

You could try to debate, but you might want to get your story straight before you get caught out for talking absolute bollox. I used to think you was one of the sensible ones on here, before the Brexit shyte kicked off, but now you've allowed yourself to dumb yourself down as low as everyone else that voted out.
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                    All things that have never been said of you
                    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                      Never been to Benidorm*, dear boy. Last time I went to Spain I was up in the Andalucian hills tracking the Iberian Lynx

You could try to debate, but you might want to get your story straight before you get caught out for talking absolute bollox. I used to think you was one of the sensible ones on here, before the Brexit shyte kicked off, but now you've allowed yourself to dumb yourself down as low as everyone else that voted out.
                      Because I spoke to a French couple in (oddly enough) Andalucia? Aren't French people allowed to travel to Spain, or have an opinion on Brexit? And as it happens, the most hostile anti-EU I spoke to were the younger folk, all locals (a couple of bar-staff, a waiter, a receptionist etc**) who don't seem to think the EU does anything useful for them. Much like the British "working class", which is a term I don't endorse, mostly because most of them aren't working but I see some striking similarities between the disillusioned in both countries.
                      I'll be honest, I wasn't initially going to post my observations, but something must have triggered me. I really was quite surprised to find as much hostility towards the EU. I suppose, as with everything, it depends on where you go and whom you speak to.
                      I'll go back and read my op again, but I can assure you it very accurately reflected the conversations I had (and I reiterate, that was very much to my surprise).

*btw, that was a response to Darmy, not you.

**When one has to spend a lot of time waiting for the missus to get ready for the evening, one finds oneself casually chatting to the locals more so than one might have actually planned...

Comment

Working...
                      X