• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More Project Fear Lies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I think you all know we are leaving this time.

And all your little tiny cries won't stop it this time.
    I really want a hard Brexit. Genuinely. I stand to profit from it. Sadly I don't think it'll happen.

But I'm genuinely interested to know why you think this time is different?
    How is Boris going to overcome Parliament?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

I think you all know we are leaving this time.

And all your little tiny cries won't stop it this time.
      i'm with SAS, the 'best' solution for the UK is a hard brexit at the end of October with Boris, or some other idiot Tory, in charge. This brexit rubbish will only ever go away for good once you lot face a crash out and feel the pain. Anything else and you'll just keep crying that it wasn't the 'real' brexit 17.4m voted for.

I'm protected from an economic crash; no mortgage, hundreds of thousands of assets to call on, both wife and me working and in industries not directly linked to foreign trade.

Lets get this over with and see you idiots feel the pain

Problem is, your lot haven't got the balls to push through a proper crash out brexit. They want the EU to do it for them so they have someone to blame when (and it will) goes all tits up
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

I think Europe would just rather get it over and done with.

Merkel will go for that with some conditions rather than have to deal with some aging Marxist propped up by 2 over emotional haggies. Until an election and it happens anyway.

Comment

"I'm insulated anyway"

like a 2nd floor apartment in Portugal makes you Warren Buffet.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
            i'm with SAS, the 'best' solution for the UK is a hard brexit at the end of October with Boris, or some other idiot Tory, in charge. This brexit rubbish will only ever go away for good once you lot face a crash out and feel the pain. Anything else and you'll just keep crying that it wasn't the 'real' brexit 17.4m voted for.

I'm protected from an economic crash; no mortgage, hundreds of thousands of assets to call on, both wife and me working and in industries not directly linked to foreign trade.

Lets get this over with and see you idiots feel the pain

Problem is, your lot haven't got the balls to push through a proper crash out brexit. They want the EU to do it for them so they have someone to blame when (and it will) goes all tits up
            People say universal credit has been a failure. Well done you and Chardonnay,
            Last edited by minestrone; 30 September 2019, 19:18.

Comment

I think Europe would just rather get it over and done with.

If I was European I would think that.
              I think the only thing the more intelligent of them worry about is that, post Brexit, the de facto 51st state of the US may be parked on their border.
              But hey I happen to like the US. Trump is temporary.
              If it so happens that the NHS is abolished, more privatisation happens, taxes are cut and the rich get their perks, I might live in the UK after all.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

"I'm insulated anyway"

like a 2nd floor apartment in Portugal makes you Warren Buffet.

And the rest.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

People say universal credit has been a failure. Well done you and Chardonnay,
                  He's gone to the 2nd stage. Predictable as a metronome.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

"I'm insulated anyway"

Who said that?
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                      If I was European I would think that.
                      I think the only thing the more intelligent of them worry about is that, post Brexit, the de facto 51st state of the US may be parked on their border.
                      But hey I happen to like the US. Trump is temporary.
                      If it so happens that the NHS is abolished, more privatisation happens, taxes are cut and the rich get their perks, I might live in the UK after all.
                      For someone that so publicly eschews nationality, location and belonging you spend post after post making value from where you live, or don't.

I mean most people on here occasionally make a reference to there location, but it seems so much more for you.

"I live here" "I moved from there" "My wife told me to move from London"

It's all quite sad really.

Comment

Working...
                      X