• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK 'proposes customs centres on both sides of border'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    If there has to be a border then there has to be a border - however that can be done digitally no need for armed checkpoints.

Yes it will cause some disruption but change is always happening.

My question back is what is your concern over the backstop?
    Before I answer your question, could you explain whow you would run a "Digital border"?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

This is how it will eventually work. Deal or no deal.

That is why it is being pitched. "you can choose it with the deal it or you can take it in the end anyways".

Comment

My question back is what is your concern over the backstop?
        I thought most people, who are in favour of Brexit, detested the backstop? It certainly seems to be a big no-no for the ERG.
        Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Well no of it is anything which is going to happen - it is all proposals for things which could happen - being presented as facts.

Are you suggesting we should all sit back and let an out of control right-wing government destroy the country without challenging those proposals through informed debate?

Proposal or not, this government is inciting hatred and must be held to account. Apologists for those unseeingly benign actions of the right would be the final nail in the coffin, of which you've clearly become.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            Before I answer your question, could you explain whow you would run a "Digital border"?
            Piece of piss, outsource it to the Tories favourite companies
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              Piece of piss, outsource it to Crapita
              ftfy

Comment

Really.

Jeezus.

For the last month this Brexit thread has been populated by the same 4 people posting vapid rubbish that they try and pass on as fact.

Whorty, you, scooter, darmstadt - other people sorry not to name them in person no slight intended.

And anyone who dares oppose you just gets a barrage of abuse and self righteous pontification.

It truly is the debating tactics of the left - we are right and if you disagree with us you are racist, sexist and stupid.

C'mon you can all do better than this - the Brexit forum was once, briefly, a place for health intelligent debate.

Come on then brains, give us some facts. Tell us what is so wrong with the EU today, and what (factually) will change for the better. Not Tory soundbites - actual facts.

And just for the record - up until the 2016 referendum I have always voted Tory and have never, ever voted Labour. I'm most certainly not left, but I'm also not a swivel eyed right wing looney like some of you on here

Next
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                  Come on then brains, give us some facts. Tell us what is so wrong with the EU today, and what (factually) will change for the better. Not Tory soundbites - actual facts.

And just for the record - up until the 2016 referendum I have always voted Tory and have never, ever voted Labour. I'm most certainly not left, but I'm also not a swivel eyed right wing looney like some of you on here

Next
                  Voting Brexit doesn't make you a Tory supporter. You should really understand that before we go any further.
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                    Voting Brexit doesn't make you a Tory supporter. You should really understand that before we go any further.
                    Logic failure alert!
                    Feck me you're stupid.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Next
                      Not really sure that not being afraid of change and the opportunities it presents makes me a swivel eyed loon.

But evidently yvmv.

Comment

Working...
                      X