• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK 'proposes customs centres on both sides of border'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sal View Post
    Watched Boris interview on BBC this morning. It went like this:

BBC: So what is the alternative to he Irish backstop you will propose to the EU?
    Boris: I'm sure we will come to an agreement with our friends in Europe, bla bla bla...
    BBC: Yes, but what is the solution that the UK will offer?
    Boris: Let me assure you, I have full confidence we can find a solution, bla bla bla...
    BBC: Yes, yes, but the EU was clear that they are expecting for the UK to provide an alternative to the backstop, so what is it?
    Boris: Absolutely, we are working hard with our European friends to come to an arrangement that will satisfy everyone, bla bla bla...
    BBC: Yes, yes, yes, but what is our solution?
    Boris: "goes on explaining about cows and sheep and phytosanitary standards"

It went on like that for more than 10min, it was painful to watch
    I turned off once he started rambling on about cheese
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
      Meh ..... doesn't change my assessment of you
      Thanks for the private notification Ziggy, although you could have just posted up here

Comment

Thanks for the private notification Ziggy, although you could have just posted up here
        oh! dear, did he call you a naughty word?

please share.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          oh! dear, did he call you a naughty word?

please share.

No, he disapproved of my assessment of him

I believe he may have been ever so slightly triggered, but didn't want everyone to know

i'm sure he'll be OK once his veins stop throbbing in his forehead!

Comment

He lashes out when triggered. Better on CUK than IRL where he'd end up getting a proper pasting.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              Before I answer your question, could you explain whow you would run a "Digital border"?
              On AMD CPU surely?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                On AMD CPU surely?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  He lashes out when triggered. Better on CUK than IRL where he'd end up getting a proper pasting.
                  He must be lashing out constantly then, poor fella

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    He’d get a bigger pasting in NI than in IRL.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

No, he disapproved of my assessment of him

I believe he may have been ever so slightly triggered, but didn't want everyone to know

i'm sure he'll be OK once his veins stop throbbing in his forehead!
                      I think you'll find that I approved. But let's not let the truth get in the way of a good whinge, eh?
                      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                      X