• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"Is your business ready for Brexit?"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Is your business ready for Brexit?"

H Forman & Sons, the family business of Brexit Party MEP Lance Forman and he said that he had made no Brexit preparations except to "put the champagne on ice". That is not quite true as his company seems to be the only only business to have been given an individual video about Brexit prepardness on the government Twitter feed since the 'Get Ready for Brexit' campaign launched on September 19. In this video, and elsewhere, it does show them having to prepare for Brexit although I'm quite surprised that the government decided to just pick a Brexit MEP and no other company...

https://twitter.com/i/status/1178986134153641986
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

My business is prepared. It's main "asset" is armed with both UK and EU passports and speaks 2 non-English European languages

Comment

I swapped my UK driving licence for an Irish one. Should have done it a couple of years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
        My business is prepared. It's main "asset" is armed with both UK and EU passports and speaks 2 non-English European languages
        Ditto. Apart from the European languages
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Do you think that smugness, even in such large quantities, will be enough by itself?

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
            Do you think that smugness, even in such large quantities, will be enough by itself?
            Probably not, but a damn sight better than the stupidity/hope-for-the-best combination.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

I know you Brexiteers aren't great at causality, but the smugness is a result of his preparedness and others' ****edness.

Comment

The smugness - no, the preparedness - yes.

Don't get me wrong I voted remain and generally don't want Brexit as it's simply daft to go down the isolationist route, instead of globalisation.

Now i'm ok with a sensible deal Brexit, that will gimp the UK Economy, but at least won't wreck it. I don't think remain is an option as the 17m+ (or whatever the current real number is) morons who believe the UK will be better out of the EU will never shut up and no amount of evidence will make them shut up.

Unfortunately I'm 100% confident that any negative result of Brexit will be simply blamed on the EU, just like most of the UK Government failures of the past decades are being blamed on the EU.

Comment

I will be in the lifeboat watching as HMS Brexit sinks
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Snap...
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                    X