• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Will Boris get a deal agreed with the EU by 31-10-2019?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    I'm so glad I'm not Northern Irish, a politician or in the armed forces....

Bomb Bomb Bomb....
    You think this...
    All participants accordingly reaffirm their commitment to the total disarmament of all paramilitary organisations. They also confirm their intention to continue to work constructively and in good faith with the Independent Commission, and to use any influence they may have, to achieve the decommissioning of all paramilitary arms within two years following endorsement in referendums North and South of the agreement and in the context of the implementation of the overall settlement.
    ...is complete bollocks then? I must admit, I did at the time.

Mind you, referenda in the UK aren't binding...
    Last edited by Zigenare; 4 October 2019, 07:06.
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
      Are you feeling left out? I didn't know you'd served our country, you always struck me as being too much of a soft twunt, lacking in moral fibre and all that.
      No, never served. I got myself an education instead and learned to think for myself rather than only acting on other people's orders.

I have served my country though, all my life. Paid my taxes that have covered the salaries of all those in the services. You can send your thanks here if you like or via a private PM - I'm easy either way
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
        No, never served. I got myself an education instead and learned to think for myself rather than only acting on other people's orders.

I have served my country though, all my life. Paid my taxes that have covered the salaries of all those in the services. You can send your thanks here if you like or via a private PM - I'm easy either way
        that's a LOT of tax.
        you earn £30 Billion per annum??

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          that's a LOT of tax.
          you earn £30 Billion per annum??
          Like I say .... I'm a successful contractor

Comment

Like I say .... I'm a successful contractor
            yeh, me too, and i've been at it a lot longer.

but my tax wouldn't pay a permanent Powerpoint Monkey's salary let alone the entire UK armed forces.

so why are you not absolute monarch of some little kingdom somewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
              yeh, me too, and i've been at it a lot longer.

but my tax wouldn't pay a permanent Powerpoint Monkey's salary let alone the entire UK armed forces.

so why are you not absolute monarch of some little kingdom somewhere?

This is a (mostly) anonymous forum so you don't know that I'm not Have you not heard of the Island Nation of Whorty?

Comment

This is a (mostly) anonymous forum so you don't know that I'm not Have you not heard of the Island Nation of Whorty?
                No, i haven't.
                but i can smell BS when it's upwind.

Comment

Working...
                X