• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Euro and Pound coin - Two peas in a pod

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Euro and Pound coin - Two peas in a pod

Anyone noticed how the Euro coin is almost identical in size and appearance to the pound coin?

I wouldn't be surprised if this was deliberate, and there had been a crafty plan for the UK to join the Euro as soon as it was at parity with the pound. But the Brexit vote scuppered all that in the nick of time!
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

It looks increasingly like the UK will still be in the EU in November, so there's still time.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Both the Euro and the pound coin fit in most supermarket trolleys
      Слава Україні! Героям слава!

Comment

BTW 2 euro coin is even more similar to the 2 pound coin
        Слава Україні! Героям слава!

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          Anyone noticed how the Euro coin is almost identical in size and appearance to the pound coin?

I wouldn't be surprised if this was deliberate, and there had been a crafty plan for the UK to join the Euro as soon as it was at parity with the pound. But the Brexit vote scuppered all that in the nick of time!
          Presumably some Soros led internationalist conspiracy.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

My opinion is that Britain will in the long run join the Euro, especially if there's a hard Brexit.
            Brexit made that more likely by weakening the pound.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

You can walk around Edinburgh Royal mile, there's a number of shops accepting Euro. Don't know if it's legal for them to do so, but they do.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                You can walk around Edinburgh Royal mile, there's a number of shops accepting Euro. Don't know if it's legal for them to do so, but they do.
                There are shops in Newry accepting 1 Euro for 1 pound.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  There are shops in Newry accepting 1 Euro for 1 pound of fertiliser.
                  ftfy

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                    ftfy
                    It's the firework sale season in Newry right now.

Comment

Working...
                    X