Economics Economics - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Posts 51 to 60 of 63

Thread: Economics

More time posting than coding

This was discussed on Farming Today a while back. Farmers were anticipating the supply of pickers from the EU to dry up fairly soon anyway due to improvements back in their home countries. Brexit, and especially the fall in the £, has just accelerated this. They are counting on the Govt allowing them to hire temporary workers from other countries. Spanish farmers use (exploit) African workers.

Exploited to put food on our plates: ‘we live like animals’ – Channel 4 News

Super poster

Quote Originally Posted by The Article
    The think tank said borrowing was likely to rise to £100bn and total debt would soar to 90% of national income.
    It's still better than France.

Grand scheme of things when you're already $8 trillion in debt £100bn is small change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg
    Given that you refuse to work for Jews, because you believe that they are only out for themselves and that they see gentiles as just there to be used, WGAS what you think.
    You do me old chum, obviously

Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    Churchy says that May Day is a Zionist Occupation Government conspiracy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg
    Only it is somewhat suspicious that this unsubstantiated claim has been made against the object of Alt-Right antisemitic conspiracy lies.

More fingers than teeth

The BBC seems to spend a lot of time commenting on Paul Johnson's fantastic insights.

Never seems to question him on his bulltulip.

More fingers than teeth

Quote Originally Posted by Zigenare View Post
    It's still better than France.
    The french are detestable.

I'm glad they made a word for themselves.

Fingers like lightning

I picked bananas on a kibbutz, grapes in France when I was young as it was an adventure.
    I would not have picked fruit in the UK.
    Maybe a lot of EU workers come to the UK to pick fruit and other low paid jobs to practice their English.
    The English are quite prepared to go to australia and work on farms but wouldn't dream of picking fruit in the UK.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

More fingers than teeth

Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain

Daily wail alternative headline:

Given the earth is 4.543 billion years old, 50 year debt pile is a rounding error.
    “We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.”

More fingers than teeth

Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain

Quote Originally Posted by minestrone View Post

Agent on the phone last week offering a job in Bristol that was just a fraction above that I charged in 2008. Of course it was a 11 year high! All 3% extra

Ludicrous.
    “We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.”

Double Godlike!

Quote Originally Posted by Brussels Slumdog View Post
    I picked bananas on a kibbutz, grapes in France when I was young as it was an adventure.
    I would not have picked fruit in the UK.
    Maybe a lot of EU workers come to the UK to pick fruit and other low paid jobs to practice their English.
    The English are quite prepared to go to australia and work on farms but wouldn't dream of picking fruit in the UK.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Contractor UK Forum mobile app
    You know - I think this may have something to do with the fact that they are 'travelling the world' and need jobs to fund that...

If you only work in the UK you are probably not doing as much traveling as you would like - obviously if you get to a farm in Australia then you are travelling.

So I think the people who do go work on farms in Australia are not the sort of the people who would actually see fruit picking in the UK as a career they would pursue.