• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Number 10 leak: get ready for the hardest of no deal brexits on the 31st

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
    What I fear if we don't come out before a GE is NF holding the balance of power.
    Boris has to promise and campaign for No Deal otherwise TBP will split the Tory vote thereby installing a LibLabSNP coalition.

Doomed if you do and doomed if you don't

Chances of something being pulled from the fire by or at the EU Summit in 10 days time... low I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
      "she said a deal would never be possible unless Northern Ireland stayed in a customs union"

So who made sure there will be no deal?

Ah well I wish we could hurry up and crash out or stay in or whatever gets us to a GE soonest.
      You put the above in quotes, but i can't see it in the article. Was it written on the side of a bus?

Comment

Boris has to promise and campaign for No Deal otherwise TBP will split the Tory vote thereby installing a LibLabSNP coalition.

Doomed if you do and doomed if you don't

Chances of something being pulled from the fire by or at the EU Summit in 10 days time... low I think.
        given Boris's bullish position, I can't help thinking he has something clever up his sleeve to achieve what he wants.

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
          given Boris's bullish position, I can't help thinking he has something clever up his sleeve to achieve what he wants.
          He's already got what he wants (ie. PM). All he cares about now is holding on to power.
          Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
            You put the above in quotes, but i can't see it in the article. Was it written on the side of a bus?
            It's a simple expression/realisation of the truth that NI remaining in the CU+CM is the only way to avoid border checks, introduction of which will violate the Treaty of Belfast and a number of commitment made by both UK and the EU along the Brexit debate.

Just because Boris is happy to trash the constitution and international treaties and commitments, doesn't mean other country executives are happy to do the same...

Comment

It must be wonderful living in your little, deluded world
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Leave.EU are nice people aren't they: Leave.EU on Twitter: "Angela Merkel's demand that Britain leaves Northern Ireland to rot inside the Customs Union is reprehensible and shows the true colours of our supposed "European allies".

Enough of this nonsense, we walk away as an independent, self-governing nation in three weeks' time! 🥳🇬🇧👍"
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

His ace in the sleeve - His mum voted Brexit and mommy knows best...

Comment

The current state of things is way beyond party politics. The back of the fag packet decisions over the next 22 days we'll be stuck with for the next 50 years. A new 5 year parliament term not of your choosing is no defence.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                      No one negotiates with a bully. You think countries are lining up to do trade deals with Thump's Murcia's chlorinated chicken?

You only need only open a history book to know where this leads. Wars are built on threats, not relationships.
                      The UK is not a bully. The UK's threat is to self-harm. It's a credible threat, but not an effective negotiating strategy.

Comment

Working...
                      X