• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Number 10 leak: get ready for the hardest of no deal brexits on the 31st

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    If you read the article it does not take into account Corbyn making any changes to the economy and makes assumptions based on what could be the outcome of a no deal brexit.

Not saying it is not an interesting read but there is too much speculation in there (obviously as they are trying to predict the future) for it to be anything other than a persons viewpoint on what could happen given the knowledge we have now.
    Speculation and assumptions, yes. Things that can be identified and argued for or against.

What you said was “bias”, though. Easier for you to make that assertion and dismiss it out of hand, as no evidence or thought is required for you...

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
      Speculation and assumptions, yes. Things that can be identified and argued for or against.

What you said was “bias”, though. Easier for you to make that assertion and dismiss it out of hand, as no evidence or thought is required for you...
      Why should oPM change his standard practice? Thought and evidence are always in short supply when he posts!
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

It's biased because it assumes Corbyn will do no bad and Boris will do no good.

And so rather than simply stating facts the journalist has put his own personal slant on it.

As soon as you make any future prediction your own personal bias will be represented.

Obviously when you think about what making a prediction of the future actually entails, you have to extrapolate from the data you have and in doing so you will impart your own views.

Whether consciously or otherwise.

Comment

It's biased because it assumes Corbyn will do no bad and Boris will do no good.

And so rather than simply stating facts the journalist has put his own personal slant on it.

As soon as you make any future prediction your own personal bias will be represented.

Obviously when you think about what making a prediction of the future actually entails, you have to extrapolate from the data you have and in doing so you will impart your own views.

Whether consciously or otherwise.
          You beat your own argument with that one statement. The data we have today, is that if Boris continues on this current path we will be worse off by a data driven prediction.

The data we have today for Corbyn is more limited purely because he isn't in power and hence we don't know what policies he will actually put place. Also, we don't know whether he would even have a majority government (unlikely) or would be propped up by Lib Dems, SNP etc and hence he won't be allowed to implement anything extreme.

You won't agree as your mind is already made up. I get that, but, there you have it anyway
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Eh? If you're using data for predictions as happens in statistical modelling and/or machine learning (very effectively it has to be said, provided you've checked certain mathematical assumptions), your opinions don't come into play at all.

You really embarass yourself with every post.

Remind us what your "degree" is again and what poly you attended?
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
              You beat your own argument with that one statement. The data we have today, is that if Boris continues on this current path we will be worse off by a data driven prediction.

The data we have today for Corbyn is more limited purely because he isn't in power and hence we don't know what policies he will actually put place. Also, we don't know whether he would even have a majority government (unlikely) or would be propped up by Lib Dems, SNP etc and hence he won't be allowed to implement anything extreme.

You won't agree as your mind is already made up. I get that, but, there you have it anyway
              Assumption is that Boris will continue on the same path because you do not think he can change his views and therefore his fiscal policies based on new and emerging evidence.

Which is you bias against Boris.

Comment

Assumption is that Boris will continue on the same path because you do not think he can change his views based on new and emerging evidence.

Which is you bias towards Boris.
                Perhaps it's his "Fook Business" comment that makes us think he hasn't got a clue.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  Perhaps it's his "Fook Business" comment that makes us think he hasn't got a clue.
                  Originally posted by The Gentleman concerned
                  "I don't think anybody could doubt the passionate support of this government for business," Mr Johnson said.
                  "It may be that I have, from time to time, expressed scepticism about some of the views of those who profess to speak up for business."
                  Context is everything. Just saying, like.
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                    Context is everything. Just saying, like.
                    Indeed, in the context of warnings from the vast majority of business leaders, Bozo is pursuing a hard Brexit, which is almost certainly a minority position in the country.

I wish he would make it so, for the laughs.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                      Indeed, in the context of warnings from the vast majority of business leaders, Bozo is pursuing a hard Brexit, which is almost certainly a minority position in the country.

I wish he would make it so, for the laughs.
                      Brexit cancelled on Saturday, mass civil unrest on Sunday, back to work on Monday.
                      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                      X