• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No Deal Readiness Report

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Deal Readiness Report

Still going through it: https://assets.publishing.service.go...UReportWEB.PDF
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

From page 40

UK Nationals Travelling to the EU (Including for Work orStudy Purposes)

• If the UK leaves the EU without a deal, existing rules covering travel to the EU by UKnationals will no longer apply. Travel to the EU may involve *increased immigrationchecks and other additional requirements.
    • The EU has confirmed that UK nationals will not require a visit visa for short stays ofup to 90 days in every 180-day period for purposes such as tourism.
    • UK nationals will still be able to travel to EU Member States and should be preparedto bring the correct documentation (see chapter 5 on services for further informationon travelling for work).
    • UK nationals may lose access to dedicated lanes for EU/EEA/Swiss nationals and/orautomated points of entry.

The killer statement:

• Those planning to work or deliver services in the EU, even for short visits, may needto meet additional conditions around supporting documentation, work permits orvisas

Seriously, if you're an EU employer looking for support, why would you waste the time with all this paper work? You're just going to source from within the block.

Gott sei dank I'm now a dual national.

*rubber glove treatment
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      The killer statement:

• Those planning to work or deliver services in the EU, even for short visits, may need to meet additional conditions around supporting documentation, work permits orvisas

Seriously, if you're an EU employer looking for support, why would you waste the time with all this paper work? You're just going to source from within the block.

Gott sei dank I'm now a dual national.

*rubber glove treatment
      Highlighted the relevant point for you (and added the space you missed!)

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        Highlighted the relevant point for you (and added the space you missed!)
        No deal, means will need
        Any British passport holder will have to go through a visa process and unless the EU softenes the rules you won't be treated anyway different form someone from Nigeria or Zimbabwe
        Слава Україні! Героям слава!

Comment

Originally posted by MasterBait View Post
          No deal, means will need
          ...you won't be treated anyway different form someone from Nigeria or Zimbabwe
          Why should they? UK...Nigeria...Zimbabwe...all third world countries

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
            Why should they? UK...Nigeria...Zimbabwe...all third world countries
            Probably more like meeting karma...sad for the current generation of British people as they have not done or involved in any crime against humanity which their forefathers committed.

Nobody really cares about Britain if you cross the English channel. Personally, I am safe as I am already in Belgium early this year and going to have a Belgium ID soon. I am prepared to surrender my UK passport at some point in future. I have already relocated my family to India more than 3 years ago (before brexit vote because I realised that UK has gloomy future especially for youngsters with or without brexit) and now I will never come back to Britain even for work.

Comment

Originally posted by Hat1rmathA View Post
              Probably more like meeting karma...sad for the current generation of British people as they have not done or involved in any crime against humanity which their forefathers committed.

Nobody really cares about Britain if you cross the English channel. Personally, I am safe as I am already in Belgium early this year and going to have a Belgium ID soon. I am prepared to surrender my UK passport at some point in future. I have already relocated my family to India more than 3 years ago (before brexit vote because I realised that UK has gloomy future especially for youngsters with or without brexit) and now I will never come back to Britain even for work.
              Ok well that is your personal opinion and from where I am sat it sounds like bollocks.

Comment

New Brexit deal by deadline next week 'very difficult but possible', says EU's Barnier | Politics News | Sky News

No one wins from a No Deal Brexit - but if that is what must happen then that is what must happen.

I think finally there is some realisation of this and as such a deal will be struck.

Hopefully.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  New Brexit deal by deadline next week 'very difficult but possible', says EU's Barnier | Politics News | Sky News

No one wins from a No Deal Brexit - but if that is what must happen then that is what must happen.

I think finally there is some realisation of this and as such a deal will be struck.

Hopefully.
                  Bollocks, remain is all that should happen

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                    Bollocks, remain is all that should happen
                    **** off Johnny!
                    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                    X