• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit in 5 bullet points - No ifs or buts.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    We'll have to wait and see, won't we?
    What, for your answer to whether you will go out on the streets should A50 be revoked? I thought the question was quite simple? The question isn't "will A50 be revoked?" but "if A50 is revoked will you brexiters be bothered to protest and kick off like you threaten online?"

I know you can be a bit slow Ziggy, but surely even you can answer that question. But I'll take your refusal to answer as, like most other leavers, you're an armchair moaner who hasn't got the inclination to protest for what you think is right.
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

If A50 is revoked, the angry gammon will need to take to the streets really early, so that they can get all the civil unrest done before 'Spoons opens.
      When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
        ...or do brexiters not have the same convictions in the real world as they have on line?
        I suspect some are only in it for the sport of winding up remainers.
        Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
          I suspect some are only in it for the sport of winding up remainers.
          Would, say, an area like Sunderland, which was majority Leave, still be majority Leave now that they've been told the new Qashqai won't be built there in the event of hard Brexit, possibly leading to eventual closure/relocation of the Nissan plant?
          Reality tends to focus people's minds and the childish rebellion of putting your X on Leave in 2016 to cock a snook at the "establishment" probably doesn't seem so clever now.
          However they, like the Leavers on here, can't admit how stupid they are publicly, so perhaps we should give them the option to change their minds privately at the ballot box?
          Or should we give them what they voted for and to paraphrase Bomber Harris, "they voted for the wind, let them reap the whirlwhind".
          I prefere the latter for the purposes of education

Because Brexit has no advantages whatsoever for the demographic who voted for it. None at all. Zero, zilch, nada. There's only downside.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            Would, say, an area like Sunderland, which was majority Leave, still be majority Leave now that they've been told the new Qashqai won't be built there in the event of hard Brexit, possibly leading to eventual closure/relocation of the Nissan plant?
            Reality tends to focus people's minds and the childish rebellion of putting your X on Leave in 2016 to cock a snook at the "establishment" probably doesn't seem so clever now.
            However they, like the Leavers on here, can't admit how stupid they are publicly, so perhaps we should give them the option to change their minds privately at the ballot box?
            Or should we give them what they voted for and to paraphrase Bomber Harris, "they voted for the wind, let them reap the whirlwhind".
            I prefere the latter for the purposes of education

Because Brexit has no advantages whatsoever for the demographic who voted for it. None at all. Zero, zilch, nada. There's only downside.
            And voting remain would have guaranteed them a job for life would it?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              Stupid man.
              Yet another logic failure. You really are too stupid for this debate, or for that matter, to vote.
              One does not imply the other.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                Nope, the only “job for life” these days is being Nigel Farage - he’ll continue to get money off his followers no matter what he does. And every time he runs low on cash, he’ll fire up more divisive rhetoric to stir them up
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Serious question (I know, not really the forum for this!), but as a strong supporter of brexit, and highly vocal, will you be heading to the streets? Not meant to be a provocative question, but genuinely interested. If you aren't up for hitting the streets given your views, how many others do you (or anyone else) think will turn up?

Same question to the other strong leavers on here - oPM, JTB etc.

I know a lot of strongly viewed remainers (and extinction rebellion) and they hit the streets frequently, but I'm not convinced leavers have the same conviction. Leavers appear to be happy to 'shout' on social media, but turn out in the real world in much lower numbers.

Not a dig or criticism, just a genuine observation.
                  Leavers appear to be happy to 'shout' on social media, but turn out in the real world in much lower numbers.
                  perhaps this may be because HMG has said that it will honour the referendum and (eventually) take us out of the EU. Nothing to protest about yet!

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    Nope, the only “job for life” these days is being Nigel Farage - he’ll continue to get money off his followers no matter what he does. And every time he runs low on cash, he’ll fire up more divisive rhetoric to stir them up
                    And the latest 'no' vote by Farage and the Brexit Nationalist Party is against a stronger EU action to counter election meddling and Russian disinformation: MOTION FOR A RESOLUTION on foreign electoral interference and disinformation in national and European democratic processes
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

What, for your answer to whether you will go out on the streets should A50 be revoked? I thought the question was quite simple? The question isn't "will A50 be revoked?" but "if A50 is revoked will you brexiters be bothered to protest and kick off like you threaten online?"

I know you can be a bit slow Ziggy, but surely even you can answer that question. But I'll take your refusal to answer as, like most other leavers, you're an armchair moaner who hasn't got the inclination to protest for what you think is right.
                      If you look at my post, and if you understand English, and satire, you would have deduced that by "Civil Unrest Sunday", "Back to work Monday" means that I think slightly less than **** all would happen if A50 was revoked.

Now, I hope that puts your mind at rest.
                      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                      X