• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

John Bercow hinted as Caretaker Prime Minister of National Unity

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    23:01 31/10/2019 GMT hth.
    I still believe there be no deal. BoJo will write for extension and EU will offer it. Then GE based on Boris saying its people versus parliament - I did my best.

There again, I never believed the UK would vote for Brexit so what would I know.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      I still believe there be no deal. BoJo will write for extension and EU will offer it. Then GE based on Boris saying its people versus parliament - I did my best.

There again, I never believed the UK would vote for Brexit so what would I know.
      You've got as good an idea of what will happen as anyone. Those who think they are in control of events are kidding themselves. Fook knows how this will eventually play out.

Embrace the chaos!
      Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
        23:01 31/10/2019 GMT hth.
        The bookies disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
          Sure, why not? He was an excellent Speaker and recognises the sovereignty of Parliament, he would be good as a caretaker PM.
          He's overpaying for his Sky subscription. I'll rephrase that. We're overpaying for his Sky subscription. Mine is £68 (with Sports, without movies). Is he claiming for all the naughty channels as well, like Jackie Smith's hubby?

John Bercow expenses REVEALED - including Sky Sports subscription and photos for ‘fans’ | Politics | News | Express.co.uk
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
            He's overpaying for his Sky subscription. I'll rephrase that. We're overpaying for his Sky subscription. Mine is £68 (with Sports, without movies). Is he claiming for all the naughty channels as well, like Jackie Smith's hubby?

John Bercow expenses REVEALED - including Sky Sports subscription and photos for ‘fans’ | Politics | News | Express.co.uk
            I’m fairly sure that if you and BB stopped searching the Express for your “news”, their online hits would halve.

Clearly, if his expenses can be published in a “paper” and there is no further action, then they are legitimate - blame the game, not the player. Just be thankful he’s not tossing one off behind his desk like a certain Tory was allegedly doing....

Comment

Been away for a few days. came back to read this. Please, please let this be true. It would be the funiest thing this year
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

I’m fairly sure that if you and BB stopped searching the Express for your “news”, their online hits would halve.

Clearly, if his expenses can be published in a “paper” and there is no further action, then they are legitimate - blame the game, not the player. Just be thankful he’s not tossing one off behind his desk like a certain Tory was allegedly doing....
                So you're quite happy to cough up for "expenses". If the alleged Tory was claiming for clean-up tissues, we'd be in some sort of agreement, but you're so full of sh1t, and not willing to post links, one can only conclude you are full of the brown stuff...
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

So you're quite happy to cough up for "expenses". If the alleged Tory was claiming for clean-up tissues, we'd be in some sort of agreement, but you're so full of sh1t, and not willing to post links, one can only conclude you are full of the brown stuff...
                  Yes, I’m happy to cough up for legitimate expenses as approved by whoever approves their expenses. Sorry, but I’m not going to get outraged by an Express article that has no other purpose than to wind you up.

FWIW, I also happen to believe that MPs are both underqualified and underpaid for what they do. The base salary of the PM that runs the entire country is less than what most decent contractors earn, ffs.

Comment

Shall I upgrade to the wail?

Comment

How is the hangover?

Comment

Working...
                      X