• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BREAKING NEWS: A deal has been done

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    What was the legal wording of "got a deal?"
    Interesting point though.

So it looks like DUP won't accept it and Labour will be whipping their MPs bloody to vote it down too.

How about, agree the deal, request the extension (blaming Benn) then immediately hold a GE to seek a majority in order to accept the deal?
    Because TBP has been whipping voters with TV ads against a deal Brexit for quite some time. They will pose a severe threat to the Tories if they campaign for Brexit deal.

Don't forget that the growing UKIP threat to the Tory voter base was what started this fiasco in the first place.

Comment

From the EU perspective, a deal would be like flushing a massive turd down the U bend, whereas the alternative is having to call out a plumber.
      Last edited by Old Greg; 17 October 2019, 11:23.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        Although the latest Daily Telegraph poll shows 82% Leave and 61% Remain...polls, load of old bollocks....
        What did they do, ask Diane Abbott twice...?

His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
          I thought this too, but after googling it appears parliament have to approve it also.
          This.

It ain't a deal until Parliament passes it. If Parliament votes against it, the Benn act requires Boris to request an extension.

The EU have been very shrewd. They've given Boris a deal, which is what he said he wanted. If this one goes tits up like May's, that's the UK Government's problem.
          Last edited by DealorNoDeal; 17 October 2019, 11:27.
          Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

SNP MP Drew Hendry says of the new Brexit deal: "You don’t need to see the deal to know it’s a worse deal."

Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
              This.

It ain't a deal until Parliament passes it. If Parliament votes against it, the Benn act requires Boris to request an extension.

The EU have been very shrewd. They've given Boris a deal, which is what he said he wanted. If this one goes tits up like May's, that's the UK Government's problem.
              Fair enough.
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
                Because TBP has been whipping voters with TV ads against a deal Brexit for quite some time. They will pose a severe threat to the Tories if they campaign for Brexit deal.

Don't forget that the growing UKIP threat to the Tory voter base was what started this fiasco in the first place.
                No matter how bad the Tories are Labour will do worse, Lib Dems pro remain will poach more votes from Labour than TBP will from the Tories (as those who disagree will have left the tories by now anyway).

Tories will keep power because Lib Dems will sink any chance Labour has
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                  Too risky. Most leavers prefer no deal
                  Absolutely no evidence that that is true.

ComRes poll shows

No Deal : 20%
                  Deal : 30%
                  Remain : 42%
                  Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                    Really? The latest ComRes showed 54% leave 46% remain. Unless you've been reading the New European again. I guess we'll soon find out what people really think in the GE.
                    That ComRes poll broke Leave down into Deal and No Deal, so the 54% leave is the sum of the Deal and No Deal respondants.

If you pit Remain vs Leave, Remain wins
                    If you pit Remain vs various different version of leave, Remain still gets the highest proportion.
                    Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                      Not so, according to the news I'm seeing. DUP on board, it believes.
                      Seems they were wrong and the DUP is definitely NOT on board !!!

Comment

Working...
                      X