• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BREAKING NEWS: A deal has been done

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Seems they were wrong and the DUP is definitely NOT on board !!!
    What was your news source, out of interest?

Comment

They can't find their unicorn.

May's deal was described as a traffic cone on a donkey in something I read this morning.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I suspect the DUP's approval is simply a matter of how much money the UK govt will spend in Northern Ireland in exchange for their approval.
        Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Originally posted by chopper View Post
          I suspect the DUP's approval is simply a matter of how much money the UK govt will spend in Northern Ireland in exchange for their approval.
          I'm not so sure. Possibly they can be bribed to abstain.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
            Multiple recent polls suggest otherwise. Have UK voters changed their minds on Brexit? - BBC News

If no deal is available by end of Oct, 69% of those that voted out would prefer no deal (51% prefer no deal wherever we are by the end of Oct).
            That's the article I was thinking of too. It does not say most Leave voters want no deal. It says they prefer no deal to ongoing/cancelled Brexit.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

My honest opinion is that Boris doesn't want the deal to pass! All he wants is any way/excuse he can find to leave without a deal or if this is not at all possible get a GE where he can claim he did what he promised (kind of), agreeing a new deal with the EU and is not his fault parliament vote it down again. This can be an argument on Tories favour to get more seats on parliament so they can move on with Brexit.
              "The boy who cried Sheep"

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                I don't think that's true at all. They prefer it to staying but the majority would prefer a GOOD deal. At this point I'm not sure if they would rather a bad deal, no deal, or just any deal!
                And what exactly is a good deal!? Thought May believed her deal was good, same now with Boris!

Comment

Originally posted by chopper View Post
                  Trying to get through the biggest piece of legislature in decades (centuries?) without a majority. Boris definitely has balls but really... even with DUP they still fall short don't they?
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Trying to get through the biggest piece of legislature in decades (centuries?) without a majority. Boris definitely has balls but really... even with DUP they still fall short don't they?
                    That's the all point! Boris never wanted to pass a deal...

Comment

Not looking good in parliament for Johnson's Surrender Deal.

Comment

Working...
                      X