• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BREAKING NEWS: A deal has been done

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is unbelievable in this day and age how 10 Fairy Jesus believers can hold an entire nation hostage
    Слава Україні! Героям слава!

Comment

Originally posted by MasterBait View Post
      It is unbelievable in this day and age how 10 Fairy Jesus believers can hold an entire nation hostage
      Jesus was a fairy? Hopefully this will make the church drop its anti-gay stance.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Jesus was a fairy? Hopefully this will make the church drop its anti-gay stance.

Jesus swung both ways...

...at least until they got the last nail in.
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          No matter how bad the Tories are Labour will do worse, Lib Dems pro remain will poach more votes from Labour than TBP will from the Tories (as those who disagree will have left the tories by now anyway).

Tories will keep power because Lib Dems will sink any chance Labour has
          Just because the Tories are likely to do better than Labour doesn't mean they will have majority (just take a look at the current Parliament).

It will all come down to how votes translate to seats

Originally posted by CryingSheep View Post
          And what exactly is a good deal!? Thought May believed her deal was good, same now with Boris!
          A good deal is the least amount of de-integration that can thick the box "Leave the EU". Something like Norway. The only reason this is not discussed is the Tory red lines, defined by the ERG for which there is no democratic mandate.

Comment

So if any members of the ERG(or any other Tories) do not vote for Boris's deal, will they be thrown out of the Tory party?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              So if any members of the ERG(or any other Tories) do not vote for Boris's deal, will they be thrown out of the Tory party?
              They probably will vote in favour or abstain... probably won't pass anyway
              "The boy who cried Sheep"

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
                Because TBP has been whipping voters with TV ads against a deal Brexit for quite some time. They will pose a severe threat to the Tories if they campaign for Brexit deal.

Don't forget that the growing UKIP threat to the Tory voter base was what started this fiasco in the first place.
                TBP only get support when it seems Brexit might be at risk. Most of their support is likely to fade if a half-decent deal is on the table, leaving only the vocal minority. Boris is fairly popular with Leavers so if he tells them it's a good deal most will probably vote Tory to avoid Labour getting in and cancelling it.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by CryingSheep View Post
                  That's the all point! Boris never wanted to pass a deal...
                  Nah, that's hardly credible at this point.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                    What did they do, ask Diane Abbott twice...?

Nah, just a Tory politician or two:

Philip Hammond bungled the figures for funding HS2 on the BBC’s Today programme.

"How much is HS2 costing?” asked John Humphrys.

“About £32bn,” the Chancellor chanced.

Thirty two billion?” echoed Humphrys, incredulously.

“Mmhm.”

“Not £52bn?”

“Err, over, it’s over a – I mean, there’s a huge amount of contingency built on to the budgeting for these projects.”
                    In a painful interview, Andrew Mitchell failed to even come close to guessing what the minimum wage is – while simultaneously trying to boast about his party’s pledge to raise it.

When asked by the BBC’s Victoria Derbyshire what the current minimum wage is, he floundered, desperately mumbling “it’s less than nine pounds”.

“Correct, what is it?” she persisted.

“It’s errr about six pounds, I think,” he said, squirming in his seat.

“That is way out . . . There must be people in your constituency who are on the minimum wage?”

“So, ermm, well, as I say, we’re going to try and get it up to nine pounds,” he replied, defeated.

“Would you like to know what it is?”

“What is it, £8?” he asked, still digging.

“It’s £7.50, for the over-25s.”

Mitchell also failed to say how many council homes the government has built, how many people are on the housing waiting list, and then shifted uncomfortably when asked how many properties he owns.

“I live in my constituency and I have another house in London,” he said. “And I have another home as well, but, but err. I live in my constituency and in London and Members of Parliament are obliged to, you know, do that…”

“But you own three properties?”

“Yes.”
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterBait View Post
                      You mean the 11 high court judges? Outrageous i agree.

Comment

Working...
                      X