• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BREAKING NEWS: A deal has been done

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    What was your news source, out of interest?
    This moron
    Daniel Boffey (@DanielBoffey) on Twitter

He tweeted
    Word in Brussels is that deal is now back on. DUP been squared...

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
      Didn't the Benn act say that, if Bojo doesn't get a deal then he must ask for an extension. Well, he has his deal so, no extension letter needs to be written.

Of course, if Westminster now votes this deal down, that's not Bojo's fault and he can, within the limits of the law, go to the end of October and leave on no deal

Parliament has been played - they either vote for this 'new' deal, or they get a no deal crash out.

Nope. The Benn Act specifically says that Bojo must ask for an extension if the HoC do not vote in favour of his deal.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        Nope. The Benn Act specifically says that Bojo must ask for an extension if the HoC do not vote in favour of his deal.

And TBP Ltd’s Director, publicity shy Nige, is now in favour of the Surrender Act As he used to call it because Juncker has said there will be no extension.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Nah, that's hardly credible at this point.
          So you believe that if it would possible to Bojo making the decision himself (without legal consequences) he would choose this deal over no deal Brexit!?
          "The boy who cried Sheep"

Comment

Nige trashes it.

Boris Johnson'''s Brexit deal '''puts lipstick on the pig''': Nigel Farage | Fox Business
            Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              And TBP Ltd’s Director, publicity shy Nige, is now in favour of the Surrender Act As he used to call it because Juncker has said there will be no extension.
              I'm hearing he's against it... (interview he gave to Fox Business 2 hours ago)

Comment

BREAKING NEWS: A deal has been done

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                I'm hearing he's against it... (interview he gave to Fox Business 2 hours ago)
                I was basing it on what he said on Twitter at 15.14 today

Nigel Farage on Twitter: "So an unelected, retiring bureaucrat says: No extension, take this new treaty or just leave.

He is overriding the Benn Act. The EU shows itself to be a thuggocracy - power without accountability.

Appalling people."
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Sinn Féin seem fairly happy with the deal, if that's any comfort to the gammons.

Comment

That Boris Brexit deal explained:

The Northern Irish will remain in the UK but will have to pay EU tariffs on chlorinated chicken imported from the USA; however, if they send a selfie of themselves eating it to Brussels before crossing the border, they will be able to claim it back.

Boris, you are a genius of Churchillian stature.
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by chopper View Post
                      Absolutely no evidence that that is true.

ComRes poll shows

No Deal : 20%
                      Deal : 30%
                      Remain : 42%
                      Try reading the link, and the reference to the polls. You're quoting completely different stats. I said 'leavers', you've quoted overall preference. FFS <bangs head on wall>
                      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                      X