• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BREAKING NEWS: A deal has been done

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Yes, agreed, but then you are SO much cleverer than the rest of us. It must be so frustrating to be cleverer and richer and happier than everyone else

P.S.
    An Overview of the Dunning-Kruger Effect
    So glad you agree with me. Good boy. Now go and do your homework before tea-time
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      So, what are the differences between Boris’ wonderful deal and the terrible May deal that he resigned over?
      Brexit: What is in Boris Johnson's new deal with the EU? - BBC News

Looks like just the backstop, everything else looks the same to me...

Comment

Incompetent people tend to:

Overestimate their own skill levels
        Fail to recognize the genuine skill and expertise of other people
        Fail to recognize their own mistakes and lack of skill
        Anyone who has interacted with senior permie management will recognise this effect...seems without this your chances of promotion are very low...

Comment

BREAKING NEWS: A deal has been done

Yes, agreed, but then you are SO much cleverer than the rest of us. It must be so frustrating to be cleverer and richer and happier than everyone else

P.S.
          I was listening to a podcast about bias in User Research with either Dunning or Kruger, I can’t remember which one it was. And he said that he is astounded with the number of people who misinterpreted the Dunning-Kruger effect.

Not really pertinent to the thread but a fascinating listen none the less
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

P.S.
            It has been proven that remainers have a higher IQ than leavers

Science has dim view of Brexit voters’ brains | News | The Sunday Times
            Слава Україні! Героям слава!

Comment

P.S.

Слава Україні! Героям слава!

Comment

Originally posted by MasterBait View Post

Evidently.
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

That's not fair!

It doesn't say that.

It doesn't say Leavers are thick.

It says Leavers are... stupid
                  "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
                    It doesn't say that.

It doesn't say Leavers are thick.

It says Leavers are... stupid
                    This article doesn't:

Brexit has its risks. But staying in the EU is now unthinkable | The Spectator
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                      This article doesn't
                      The psychometrics article was talking factually about what Brexiteers are like. It accords with my assessment of the few friends I have that voted Brexit: inclined to believe any old nonsense without questioning it, and more inclined to be reckless. Be clear: this personality trait pattern leads to above average success and above average happiness but unfortunately also leads to sub-optimal actual outcomes (as distinct from the perception such people have of the outcomes). Generally speaking my view is live-and-let-live but when their flawed decision-making leads to a super-massive cock-up like Brexit then the rest of us have to intervene and say "No, stop it".

The Spectator article is just a sermon from the pulpit of the Brexit Church. You may like what is says or you may not. It's not however in any way factual.

For what it's worth, I think the article is bollox. The Tories asked for a load of nonsense and then set off on an impossible, ridiculous track (courtesy of 17 million idiots) and the EU unsurprisingly said "They have zero chance of winning this game so we'll just sit back and quietly let them stew in their own juices"
                      "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X