• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BREAKING NEWS: A deal has been done

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BREAKING NEWS: A deal has been done

Apparently...
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Apparently so according to Sky News...

LIVE: Boris Johnson declares a Brexit deal has been done | Politics News | Sky News

Whether it gets through Parliament is a different question.

Comment

The DUP has cast doubt on its sign off, saying they still cannot support it.
      Слава Україні! Героям слава!

Comment

"a great new deal" - did Trump write the speech?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Surely a no deal exit is far worse for DUP in terms of a hard border being imposed?
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            "a great new deal" - did Trump write the speech?
            Then it would have been "greatest deal on earth". I bet it is close to May's deal that will turn the UK into a vassal state.

Could we call it the surrender deal? Then send BoJo to the tower.....

Comment

Didn't the Benn act say that, if Bojo doesn't get a deal then he must ask for an extension. Well, he has his deal so, no extension letter needs to be written.

Of course, if Westminster now votes this deal down, that's not Bojo's fault and he can, within the limits of the law, go to the end of October and leave on no deal

Parliament has been played - they either vote for this 'new' deal, or they get a no deal crash out.

I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

The deal, mainly May's deal but with:

https://ec.europa.eu/commission/site...rn_ireland.pdf

First, EU regulations will apply to all goods in Northern Ireland. This means checks at the border.
                Second, NI will remain in the UK’s customs territory. It will therefore benefit from UK trade policy. But it will remain an entry point into the single market. So UK authorities will apply UK tariffs to countries coming from third countries as long as goods entering NI are not at risk of entering the single market. If they are at risk of entering the single market, EU tariffs will apply.
                Third, on VAT, the plan will maintain the integrity of the single market, while respecting the UK’s digital wishes.
                And, fourth, there will be a consent mechanism. Four years after the arrangements starts, the Northern Ireland assembly will decide by a simple majority if these arrangements stay. DUP do not get a veto

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Parliament has been played - they either vote for this 'new' deal, or they get a no deal crash out.

No deal it is then because I can't see that liar ever getting anything through the parliament.

Sounds like a win for the EU which finally gets rid of their cancerous member one way or another

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                    Didn't the Benn act say that, if Bojo doesn't get a deal then he must ask for an extension. Well, he has his deal so, no extension letter needs to be written.

Of course, if Westminster now votes this deal down, that's not Bojo's fault and he can, within the limits of the law, go to the end of October and leave on no deal

Parliament can amend the deal to include a confirmatory referendum and a requirement to seek an extension. The beauty of British Parliamentary democracy is that Parliament is sovereign.

Comment

Working...
                    X