Juncker rules out Brexit extension Juncker rules out Brexit extension - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Posts 11 to 20 of 23
  1. #11

    Godlike

    BR14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Under your kitchen sink
    Posts
    8,493

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    No authority, but considerable influence.

    Fact is, we now have a Deal that is acceptable to both the EU and HMG.

    It is also likely to be acceptable to the vast majority of those that voted to Leave 3 years ago so in essence delivers what the majority requested.

    For all the negativity and naysaying still being deployed by desperate Bremoaners, it seems likely that enough MPs will be of a mind to vote for it.

    The Tory "Rebels" who were so vehemently opposed to "No Deal" now have a way back in, and the large number of Labour MPs sitting in charge of Leave voting constituencies (many of whom despise Jezza for a whole raft of reasons outwith this issue) will be acutely aware that their ass will be grass at the forthcoming GE if they don't get behind this Deal.

    The DUP will also be aware that the majority of people in NI voted Remain, so this current compromise is likely to be broadly acceptable to their provincial electorate. Their current sabre-rattling will gradually recede over the next couple of days as a few backdoor sweeteners are pitched into the mix.

    And there you have it folks, the outcome that we could and should have had 2-3 years ago had a Brexiteer been put in charge of negotiations from Day One instead of the ineffectual Maybot.

    Just the last few loose ends to be tied up now and we can get on with shaping the future that those of us with backbone, vision, and confidence always anticipated.

    HTH

    aye, - right
    Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
    Inertia, however........................

  2. #12

    I live on CUK

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    22,574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    No authority, but considerable influence.

    Fact is, we now have a Deal that is acceptable to both the EU and HMG.

    It is also likely to be acceptable to the vast majority of those that voted to Leave 3 years ago so in essence delivers what the majority requested.

    For all the negativity and naysaying still being deployed by desperate Bremoaners, it seems likely that enough MPs will be of a mind to vote for it.

    The Tory "Rebels" who were so vehemently opposed to "No Deal" now have a way back in, and the large number of Labour MPs sitting in charge of Leave voting constituencies (many of whom despise Jezza for a whole raft of reasons outwith this issue) will be acutely aware that their ass will be grass at the forthcoming GE if they don't get behind this Deal.

    The DUP will also be aware that the majority of people in NI voted Remain, so this current compromise is likely to be broadly acceptable to their provincial electorate. Their current sabre-rattling will gradually recede over the next couple of days as a few backdoor sweeteners are pitched into the mix.

    And there you have it folks, the outcome that we could and should have had 2-3 years ago had a Brexiteer been put in charge of negotiations from Day One instead of the ineffectual Maybot.

    Just the last few loose ends to be tied up now and we can get on with shaping the future that those of us with backbone, vision, and confidence always anticipated.

    HTH

    It's not the first time there has been a deal that EU and HMG are agreed on. We'll know soon enough whether Parliament accepts the Surrender Deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

  3. #13

    Suffers Fools...Badly!

    shaunbhoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    South Devon
    Posts
    29,797

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    It's not the first time there has been a deal that EU and HMG are agreed on. We'll know soon enough whether Parliament accepts the Surrender Deal.
    If the terms of it are such that weasels like you are referring to it in such disparaging terms, I am sure it will be just fine.

    All it needs now is to be poo-pooed by dimwits like sas and NAT and it's fate will be assured.

    Even darmy has given up, Whorty is squirming and trying to feign indifference, and Eirikur has vanished completely.

    All over bar the bubbly popping in a fortnight's time.

    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

  4. #14

    I live on CUK

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    22,574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    If the terms of it are such that weasels like you are referring to it in such disparaging terms, I am sure it will be just fine.

    All it needs now is to be poo-pooed by dimwits like sas and NAT and it's fate will be assured.

    Even darmy has given up, Whorty is squirming and trying to feign indifference, and Eirikur has vanished completely.

    All over bar the bubbly popping in a fortnight's time.

    Sinn Féin likes the deal, so Surrender Deal it is. Sorry that triggers you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

  5. #15

    More fingers than teeth

    darmstadt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    The Eurozone
    Posts
    16,979

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    If the terms of it are such that weasels like you are referring to it in such disparaging terms, I am sure it will be just fine.
    So nothing like the 'Surrender Act' spouted by weasels like Johnson then?

    Government hints at legal challenge against 'surrender act' after PM questions constitutional legitimacy
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

  6. #16

    Fingers like lightning

    Uncle Albert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    Sinn Féin likes the deal, so Surrender Deal it is. Sorry that triggers you.
    Yes, this deal guarantees a united Ireland. It also makes Scotland's Indie ref V2 a near on certainty and this time the union will lose.
    Luckily we will have Private Spud ready to dig in to keep Ingeerland safe from the nasty foreigners who smell of garlic and wine.
    England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

  7. #17

    Super poster

    meridian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Fact is, we now have a Deal that is acceptable to both the EU and HMG.
    I would hope it’s acceptable to the EU, it’s pretty much what they suggested two years ago before the U.K. insisted on an all-U.K. backstop. Because sovereignty.


    And there you have it folks, the outcome that we could and should have had 2-3 years ago had a Brexiteer been put in charge of negotiations from Day One instead of the ineffectual Maybot.
    Quite. Ineffectual perhaps, but the bulk of the pig that the lipstick is currently being applied to is still hers.

  8. #18

    I live on CUK

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    22,574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meridian View Post
    I would hope it’s acceptable to the EU, it’s pretty much what they suggested two years ago before the U.K. insisted on an all-U.K. backstop. Because sovereignty.




    Quite. Ineffectual perhaps, but the bulk of the pig that the lipstick is currently being applied to is still hers.
    Finding a Deal acceptable to two out of HMG, EU and HoC has never been the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

  9. #19

    Super poster

    meridian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    Finding a Deal acceptable to two out of HMG, EU and HoC has never been the problem.
    Regardless of whether it’s a good deal or not any responsible MP should vote against it on Saturday, for no other reason than there simply is not enough time to review and analyse the legal text and come to an informed decision about what it means to the future of the U.K..

    If it really is a good deal for the U.K. then an extra week or two of scrutiny will make no difference to the long term prosperity of the country.

  10. #20

    Suffers Fools...Badly!

    shaunbhoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    South Devon
    Posts
    29,797

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meridian View Post
    Regardless of whether it’s a good deal or not any responsible MP should vote against it on Saturday,
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •