• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit has only just begun

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brexit has only just begun

Talks on new trade deal would begin on Nov 1st inadvertently reminding the UK that the thorny bit of Brexit is still to come and exposing myth that leaving on 31st gets ‘Brexit done’ . Trade deal is much harder and its trade that splits parties. Brexit has only just begun.
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Talks on new trade deal would begin on Nov 1st inadvertently reminding the UK that the thorny bit of Brexit is still to come and exposing myth that leaving on 31st gets ‘Brexit done’ . Trade deal is much harder and its trade that splits parties. Brexit has only just begun.
    Yes yes dear. You just keep on believing that.

This is clearly your "White Flag" moment.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      Yes yes dear. You just keep on believing that.

This is clearly your "White Flag" moment.

It's your white flag Surrender Deal. Guess who said this in 2018:

"We would be damaging the fabric of the Union with regulatory checks and even customs controls between Great Britain and Northern Ireland on top of those extra regulatory checks down the Irish Sea that are already envisaged in the withdrawal agreement,

"Now, I have to tell you that no British Conservative government could or should sign up to any such arrangement."

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        It's your white flag Surrender Deal. Guess who said this in 2018:

"We would be damaging the fabric of the Union with regulatory checks and even customs controls between Great Britain and Northern Ireland on top of those extra regulatory checks down the Irish Sea that are already envisaged in the withdrawal agreement,

"Now, I have to tell you that no British Conservative government could or should sign up to any such arrangement."
        It is called "Compromise". It is what negotiations are all about, give and take.

We have now arrived at a sensible and pragmatic accord.

I don't have an issue with it. In fact if it upsets the DUP that is simply an added bonus for me. High time those inflexible bigots got a taste of their own medicine. Karma is a bitch eh?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

It is called "Compromise". It is what negotiations are all about, give and take.

We have now arrived at a sensible and pragmatic accord.

I don't have an issue with it. In fact if it upsets the DUP that is simply an added bonus for me. High time those inflexible bigots got a taste of their own medicine. Karma is a bitch eh?

It is called "Surrender". But if that triggers you, call it "Compromise".

Comment

In fact if it upsets the DUP that is simply an added bonus for me.
            It's definitely an upside for most of us I think.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              It's definitely an upside for most of us I think.
              On a personal level, yes. Regarding them voting against, no.

Its going to be a tight vote. Some people are suggesting a draw. Will it then be settled by rock, paper, scissors? Or maybe a referendum....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                On a personal level, yes. Regarding them voting against, no.

Its going to be a tight vote. Some people are suggesting a draw. Will it then be settled by rock, paper, scissors? Or maybe a referendum....
                I'm not sure, but I think the Speaker gets the casting vote.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  I'm not sure, but I think the Speaker gets the casting vote.
                  He does, and by convention he would vote with the government*, but it's anyone's guess which he'd vote tomorrow...

*It has happened quite recently actually.
                  Speaker casts deciding vote after dead heat - BBC News
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                    He does, and by convention he would vote with the government*, but it's anyone's guess which he'd vote tomorrow...

*It has happened quite recently actually.
                    Speaker casts deciding vote after dead heat - BBC News
                    Mr Bercow then voted "no" in accordance with precedent.

What is the precedent here?

Comment

Working...
                    X