• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Johnson's Surrender Deal (TRIGGER WARNING)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally I hope this is the start of a united Ireland.

Oh and I love that the deal is basically what the EU proposed 18 months ago! More proof that Westminster is not fit to govern the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Personally I hope this is the start of a united Ireland.

Oh and I love that the deal is basically what the EU proposed 18 months ago! More proof that Brexiters are not fit to deliver Brexit
      FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
        FTFY
        I don't think BoJo is a Brexiter. He just goes for whatever opinion gets him the most votes.

Listening to Nigel Farage show last night(one should have ones views challenged) he said he did not like the new deal as we would be too closely aligned to EU worker rights. The Labour party dislike it as we are not closely aligned enough.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
          Does this also mean that the French will now start calling the British 'American Processed Cheese Slice Eating Surrender Monkeys'?
          Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          FTFY
          FTFTFY
          FTFTFTFY
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I don't think BoJo is a Brexiter. He just goes for whatever opinion gets him the most votes.
            We agree there, that much has been obvious for a decade or more, it shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone.

Listening to Nigel Farage show last night(one should have ones views challenged) he said he did not like the new deal as we would be too closely aligned to EU worker rights. The Labour party dislike it as we are not closely aligned enough.
            Out of interest, do you think that if the Tory party diverged workers rights, would those rights be strengthened or worsened? What is better for the U.K. public?

Comment

Out of interest, do you think that if the Tory party diverged workers rights, would those rights be strengthened or worsened? What is better for the U.K. public?
              I am sure they would get worse. All this "we are in it together" is nonsense. I thought BoJo saying "lets come together" sounded more like it. At least its like his sex life.

Your thoughts?

Comment

I am sure they would get worse. All this "we are in it together" is nonsense. I thought BoJo saying "lets come together" sounded more like it. At least its like his sex life.

Your thoughts?
                Again, we’re agreed :-)

IMO there’s currently too much focus on “will the deal pass” and not enough on “should the deal pass”. Is it in the best interests of the wider general public of the U.K.?

Comment

I reckon the deal won't pass and Johnson won't be writing a letter, he's got something up his sleeve...
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Again, we’re agreed :-)

IMO there’s currently too much focus on “will the deal pass” and not enough on “should the deal pass”. Is it in the best interests of the wider general public of the U.K.?
                    Those are quite broad terms! Brexiters quite like to talk about Victorian times as they were a golden age for the UK. Though not for the wider general public....

Personally I don't like the world being "too connected". But the world seems to be getting more connected. In another thread, WTFH mentioned about climate xchange being partially caused by overconsumption. Are people too concerned with material goods? Should the UK become less connected, more self sufficient, and less stressed? On the plus side of being connected, I love working from people from across the planet. Its just awesome.

For me the biggest thing that could happen to help the wider general public would be a reduction in house prices. I know I have a minority view - and it won't happen.

So do you think the deal should pass? Assuming you say no, what should happen next? And what do you think will happen next?

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                      I reckon the deal won't pass and Johnson won't be writing a letter, he's got something up his sleeve...
                      Lets hope he doesn't write the letter and he ends up in jail!

PS where did Napoleon keep his armies? Up ghis sleevies......

Comment

Working...
                      X