• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Letwin amendment and extension

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    nah, it's chips

groupies doesn't rhyme, the song is taking the mick out of being a rock star from a working man's prospective.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
      Why should we be? The UK is 100% aligned to all EU regulations, which is the bit the EU usually quibble over the most.
      Then why leave?!

Clearly though, these regulations the UK wishes to replace with lesser food standards and laxer safety rules n regulations. Employers are itching to flout employment law with modern day gulags throughout the north. All n all not exactly in keeping with the working to live standards with which most EU inhabitants have become used to.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        Then why leave?!

Clearly though, these regulations the UK wishes to replace with lesser food standards and laxer safety rules n regulations. Employers are itching to flout employment law with modern day gulags throughout the north. All n all not exactly in keeping with the working to live standards with which most EU inhabitants have become used to.
        So the UK never has to "become more closely integrated" (i.e. "join the USE") or be forced into the Euro (which is as simple as removing our opt-out by the stroke of a pen; we don't have a veto, contrary to popular and misguided opinion).
        You may not care which flag you live under (and having upped-sticks to Munich, it's almost certainly of no concern to you whether it's the black, red and gold, or the blue and yellow stars) but that doesn't make you superior to anyone who is really bothered by having that choice removed.
        Obviously the flag reference is a symbolic one, you could substitute Parliament, Government, Nationality or anything of your choice. We know we won't get a say in the future when all of these choices are removed, the only opportunity we will ever have to voice any opposition to the future destination of Europe happened on 23rd June 2016. That's why we have to leave.
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

So the UK never has to "become more closely integrated" (i.e. "join the USE") or be forced into the Euro (which is as simple as removing our opt-out by the stroke of a pen; we don't have a veto, contrary to popular and misguided opinion).
          Linky?

Comment

Originally posted by Brainwashed Leaver View Post
            Linky?
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

United States of Europe - Wikipedia

Admittedly I'm being quite lazy taking the Wiki route here. However, look at the Verhofstadt section, and bearing in mind how much influence he now has, would you argue that no-one should be crapping themselves that someone who in EU terms has never been elected above the level of an MEP is now considered the first horseman of the EU Apocalypse. The intention, and direction of travel, is very, very clear. If you can't see it, some very well known high street opticians will be delighted to assist you.
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                groupies doesn't rhyme, the song is taking the mick out of being a rock star from a working man's prospective.
                It's also banned in Canada

It's Not Always About Me: Money for Nothing, Chicks for Free : Who Banned My MTV?

or was at least anyway.

Comment

United States of Europe - Wikipedia

Admittedly I'm being quite lazy taking the Wiki route here. However, look at the Verhofstadt section, and bearing in mind how much influence he now has, would you argue that no-one should be crapping themselves that someone who in EU terms has never been elected above the level of an MEP is now considered the first horseman of the EU Apocalypse. The intention, and direction of travel, is very, very clear. If you can't see it, some very well known high street opticians will be delighted to assist you.
                  I agree - what I have yet to hear from any remainer is why Brexit is so bad and why the EU is so good.

It just seems to be change which scares them.

"The bad

Brexit

The one big failure of Jean-Claude Juncker and his Commission is of course the loss of the United Kingdom as a member state. In the UK, Prime Minister David Cameron announced his resignation the morning after the referendum result was announced in June 2016. That Juncker did not do the same is not only due to a difference in political culture, it’s mainly because of a belief within EU institutions that they shouldn’t be blamed for anything Brexit related. That’s bizarre thinking. Brexit is partly the result of the EU ignoring British discontent over the ever greater concentration of power and money at the EU level. Juncker and co. even obstructed Cameron when he attempted to reform the EU and the UK’s relationship with it, even if Cameron himself wasn’t ambitious enough in the negotiations.

There is very little introspection within the EU institutions as to why Brexit happened, even if two out of five of Juncker’s recent objectives for the EU were about ‘less EU’. But these objectives were also partly a response to the recent success of eurosceptic ‘anti-establishment’ parties across Europe. It seems that Juncker hasn’t been able to respond to the rise of populism. During the last five years, people only supported the EU Commission’s preferred option in one in six referendums. Opinion polls also indicate that in mainland Europe, people want the EU to lose powers.

In response, the European Commission has not done much more than coming up with mere pledges supporting ‘subsidiarity’. In practice, the body has simply continued with business as usual, proposing to scrap national vetoes for foreign policy and taxation, while it pushes for European taxes."

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                    I agree - what I have yet to hear from any remainer is why Brexit is so bad and why the EU is so good.
                    It just goes to show that you haven't read, or probably understood, one single post in this sub-forum.
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                      It just goes to show that you haven't read, or probably understood, one single post in this sub-forum.
                      No I have read many - but none of them seem to explain why we have to stay in Europe and why the UK could not possibly survive if it is not part of the EU.

Most of it seems to be based on maintaining the status quo whilst slowly ceding more power and control to a central european parliament.

Not sure where you are actually from but you seem to be really against the UK leaving the EU - and I do not think it is because you have the greater interests of the UK at heart which makes me wonder exactly what your angle is.

Comment

Working...
                      X