• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boris

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I noticed Kier Starmer said in one of his long tweet rambles that the deal would result in ten years of labour rights being reduced.

I assume that was not subconscious so who is he saying "we are not going to get elected for 10 years" to?

Nobody really picked up on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
      He's going to be PM until The Men in Grey Suits have had enough of him
      FTFY.

Anyone found the ditch yet?
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

The EU is pushing the new deal and for good reason. The advantage that the EU has, is that most Brexiteers don't realise they've been shafted by Boris's deal.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          The only Prime Ministers in my living memory to be able to deal with that in the commons were Thatcher and Blair.

We have been hearing for months he's a fat buffoon not worthy of this position, expensively educated above his intelligence.

He is going to be PM for a decade.
          Seems someone was enjoying the reduced priced beers in 'spoonies yesterday You keep telling yourself everything will be fine with Boris and the Tories in charge. Good for you
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

The switcheroo was genius.

Remainers spend years vilifying the DUP, now the DUP hate Boris and the remainers don't know what to do.

Comment

Remainers spend years vilifying the DUP, now the DUP hate Boris and the remainers don't know what to do.
              Did they ever know what to do?
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Which alr-right red top did you read that in? You really do need to start thinking for yourself rather than believing everything you read in the rags!

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                  Which alr-right red top did you read that in? You really do need to start thinking for yourself rather than believing everything you read in the rags!
                  The "These people are religious nutters" and "The DUP must have their every nationalist desire indulged" disjunction was always a weakness of the remain argument.

So Boris gets the EU and that Irish chap onside, anyone that doesn't like the deal is sitting in the loonie room with the DUP.

Political genius.

Comment

The "These people are religious nutters" and "The DUP must have their every nationalist desire indulged" disjunction was always a weakness of the remain argument.

So Boris gets the EU and that Irish chap onside, anyone that doesn't like the deal is sitting in the loonie room with the DUP.

Political genius.
                    You're missing the point .... remainers don't like the deal not because it's a 'bad' deal, but because it's rubbish compared to the deal we already have. Seems even Raab admits that staying in the frictionless EU market is the best solution

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                      The EU is pushing the new deal and for good reason. The advantage that the EU has, is that most Brexiteers don't realise they've been shafted by Boris's deal.

I do realise we've been shafted on territorial fishing rights, any future financial transaction tax, VAT, foreign and defence policy, corporation tax, and convergence with future EU regulations concerning all of the above and more.

When we're out of the EU though, we could do what the French do, and ignore some of the rules to suit ourselves. Or we could negotiate to dilute or remove the ones we really don't like. We can't be bound by any future EU treaty, so we can't be forced into the USE* or the Euro, both of which are inevitable if we remain.
                      I'd obviously prefer Leave to mean Really Leave, but this is the best we're ever going to get, so I'll reluctantly take it.

*Or however they choose to dress it up.
                      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                      X