• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boris

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    You're missing the point .... remainers don't like the deal not because it's a 'bad' deal, but because it's rubbish compared to the deal we already have. Seems even Raab admits that staying in the frictionless EU market is the best solution
    This is the end now. As a leave voter I am happy that what I wanted from my vote will be fulfilled with this agreement.

The general point of the thread was that Boris is like the chap from the shawshank redemption who "crawled through a river of tulip and came out clean on the other side"

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      The switcheroo was genius.

Remainers spend years vilifying the DUP, now the DUP hate Boris and the remainers don't know what to do.
      Course we do sweetie.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

This is the end now. As a leave voter I am happy that what I wanted from my vote will be fulfilled with this agreement.

Do you remember when you thought that the UK was 100% certain to leave the EU in March?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          Do you remember when you thought that the UK was 100% certain to leave the EU in March?

That was the agreed legal position between the Eu and the UK at the time.

Comment

DId you enjoy your party?
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

And do you remember how you said that it was too late to change the legal position?

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                DId you enjoy your party?
                I enjoyed it. It was a 26 mile run. Or what Minestrone calls a small warm up......

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  Do you know how many can of 'spesh he's downed since then? His memory is no longer what it was
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Do you know how many can of 'spesh he's downed since then?
                    Nobody knows that.

Comment

You're missing the point .... remainers don't like the deal not because it's a 'bad' deal, but because it's rubbish compared to the deal we already have. Seems even Raab admits that staying in the frictionless EU market is the best solution
                      That is a bit like saying you would rather live in protected slavery rather than freedom with some risk.

Nobody has said good trade deals with the EU are a bad thing - what people have asked is whether those trade deals are worth what we pay for them and in the long run having a different negotiating position may not be a bad thing.

Comment

Working...
                      X