The "why" The "why" - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Posts 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: The "why"

  1. #11

    Godlike

    BR14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Under your kitchen sink
    Posts
    8,217

    Default

    Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
    Inertia, however........................

  2. #12

    More time posting than coding


    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BR14 View Post
    There's a load more of that to come.

    You looking forward to a GE?

  3. #13

    I Am Legend


    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    104,237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
    There's a load more of that to come.

    You looking forward to a GE?
    Oh yes! Brexit party to form a government. That will show the EU......

  4. #14

    Double Godlike!

    original PM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    12,257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sal View Post
    Nah, it only caused doubling of the Government debt, followed by austerity, causing lack of policing and investment in healthcare resulting in spike of violent crimes and preventable hospital deaths and one of the worse Cancer survival rates in the developed world etc. Wage stagnation vs. steady inflation, leaving everyone poorer in real terms. Lack of infrastructure investments, leaving us with one of the worst roads in the western world. And a host of other issues.

    But no, no one that we are aware of had to sell their children to survive, is that what would be considered the break point where Brexit will be declared a bad move?
    Ok but most of those things were actually caused by Labour mismanagement.

    In terms of cancer we do not have the worst survival rates full details here Cancer survival in the UK improving, but lagging behind - study - BBC News also again was this due to us being in the EU during that period? I think really all you have done here is say look a think the UK is bad at and therefore it must be down to something I can equate to Brexit.

    Wage stagnation? UK wage growth picks up to 11-year high - BBC News nah mate

    I could review the rest of what you have said but the reality is you have lumped a load of supposed civil ills (some of which are just bollox) ,which by the way have nothing to do with Brexit, and tried to make out they were the result of all the bad people in the UK and nothing to do with Winky Mcfu<nut and the war criminal.

  5. #15

    Contractor Among Contractors


    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mordac View Post
    If ClientCo were dictating all the contract terms, and had a timeline for Myco to go permie with no appeal process, and they wanted full financial control of MyCo, then hell yes. What you are describing, in EU terms, is not a contract. It is a takeover.
    You are reading too much into it. I wish Brexiteers were scrutinising every aspect of the actual Brexit outcomes in such details.

    My analogy is not directly translatable to Brexit, It was only a question to establish if you would be just as reckless with decisions when there is a tangible direct impact to your own business as you are with the future of the entire country. Instead of answering the simple question, you decided to nit pick at the details, which speaks volumes.

    All important decisions about the EU future require unanimous vote, if we didn't like any of it we could have voted it down. Simple as that.


    Quote Originally Posted by original PM View Post
    Ok but most of those things were actually caused by Labour mismanagement.

    In terms of cancer we do not have the worst survival rates full details here Cancer survival in the UK improving, but lagging behind - study - BBC News also again was this due to us being in the EU during that period? I think really all you have done here is say look a think the UK is bad at and therefore it must be down to something I can equate to Brexit.

    Wage stagnation? UK wage growth picks up to 11-year high - BBC News nah mate

    I could review the rest of what you have said but the reality is you have lumped a load of supposed civil ills (some of which are just bollox) ,which by the way have nothing to do with Brexit, and tried to make out they were the result of all the bad people in the UK and nothing to do with Winky Mcfu<nut and the war criminal.
    God you are thick, the "ills" above are the aftermath of the 2008 financial crisis, where did I say they have anything to do with Brexit. I was just pointing at some facts, what happens as a result of economic downturn, which is widely expected (by ecenomic experts, not gammon Brexiteers) in an event of a no-deal Brexit. Sure Labour mismanagement didn't help, but it wasn't the sole reason for the scale of the disaster.

    From the exact article that you linked there is a graph of wage growth against inflation. It's clearly visible how the wage growth fall lower than inflation immediately after 2008 and took 7 years to recover, so it only proves my point.

  6. #16

    Should post faster

    MasterBait's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Путін Хуйло
    Posts
    122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    Leaving the EU, there is no alternative EU and by leaving it effects millions of other people's lives.
    Trump could be willing to buy the UK as his purchase of Greenland fell through, he's still looking for some land.
    Слава Україні! Героям слава!

  7. #17

    Godlike

    Mordac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Civilisation-ish
    Posts
    8,930

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sal View Post

    All important decisions about the EU future require unanimous vote, if we didn't like any of it we could have voted it down. Simple as that.
    Not since the Lisbon Treaty changed all that. It's QMV all the way now.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

  8. #18

    More fingers than teeth

    darmstadt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    The Eurozone
    Posts
    16,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mordac View Post
    Not since the Lisbon Treaty changed all that. It's QMV all the way now.
    What, this: There’s a lot wrong with this viral list about the Lisbon Treaty - Full Fact
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

  9. #19

    More fingers than teeth

    darmstadt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    The Eurozone
    Posts
    16,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mordac View Post
    Not since the Lisbon Treaty changed all that. It's QMV all the way now.
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

  10. #20

    Godlike

    Mordac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Civilisation-ish
    Posts
    8,930

    Default

    The Lisbon Treaty changed a large number of policy areas from being ones that needed unanimity (thus giving states a veto) to ones that were decided by qualified majority.
    Which is what I said. We still have some (not many) opt-outs, but we can't change or veto a policy, just choose not to adopt it.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •