• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

7 days to go!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    So never? Leavers - bunch of bedwetters.
    Parliament has very few leavers.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      That's representative democracy for you.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

And a reason why referendums should not be called unless parliament has already voted for something.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          The Conservative Party has quite a few. Perhaps if they hadn’t spaffed their majority up the wall they might have passed whatever form of Brexit they want to force upon you.

Or, just perhaps, instead of going for a hard Brexit, they might have tried getting a few of those “moderate Remainers” onside by implementing the Brexit that the Leave side campaigned for and won on, instead of the version that they have now.

Comment

That's undemocratic meddling for you.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Exactly how?

Actually quite funny seeing as he used to be an arch Eurosceptic, much like May was very pro-EU
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                But at that point there was no deal agreed with EU yet. If an election happens now, it will be interesting which way the votes go. The most extreme leavers will vote the BP, moderate leavers will vote for BJ, remainers might not turn up for the elections.
                What leads you to that conclusion?

Bojo is trying to scupper the Lib Dem vote by excluding students who are not likely to be in their university town on 12th Dec - that's how desperate he is.

A cold snap on election day could well impact Tory/Brexit voters as the old stay indoors or head to the warmth of a local 'spoonies
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                    What leads you to that conclusion?

Bojo is trying to scupper the Lib Dem vote by excluding students who are not likely to be in their university town on 12th Dec - that's how desperate he is.

A cold snap on election day could well impact Tory/Brexit voters as the old stay indoors or head to the warmth of a local 'spoonies
                    They should apply for postal votes, or register in their home constituency. That's if they can be bothered...
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                      They should apply for postal votes, or register in their home constituency. That's if they can be bothered...
                      This suggestion alone puts you as someone who is against democracy. Why should it be made more difficult and cumbersome? If I'm travelling home to Cambridge and studying in St Andrews I now have to register at my home address for a 2-3 week period?

The Quitings are desperate to overturn representative democracy with their blasted referenda.
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X