• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More rehash of the same old entrenched positions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Obviously we have to assume at this point they believed in democracy and therefore the vote to leave cannot be challenged and therefore they are not trying to overturn the decision to leave.
    Original, we've tried to explain to you on a number of occasions that you lack the ability to analyse things of any complexity whatsoever. You, and you fellow Brexiteers, jump at comforting over-simplicity. You seize on the word 'democracy' and apply you own, completely incorrect, naive interpretation. In the context of the UK, and its representative system, a referendum is actually contrary to the democratic principles of our country. As I've said before, Brexiteers and other religious/zany ideology people like you, have a right to express opinions and hold bonkers beliefs, but you shouldn't be voting or otherwise interfering in the general running of society. Look at the terrible mess that has been created. .
    "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      Yes, because that's exactly Farage and other Brexit supporters' attitudes was during the campaigning.

Hypocrisy, anyone?
      So would you have expected Leave supporters to accept the result if it were reversed?
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
        I didn't say MPs aren't out for their own self interest, I said they are not in it to get on the EU gravy train which is what you was implying. i don't think any sane person would disagree with you that the likes of Johnson are only in this game for their own self interest.

I agree, uncertainty is not good and the markets don't like it. The markets and most businesses don't like Brexit either, but you seem to want to ignore that fact.

1/3 of the country voted out. 1/3 voted remain. 1/3 did not vote. Following the 2016 referendum we had a GE in 2017. Westminster is made up of the MPs voted in via that democratic vote. Those MPs are now acting democratically as per the most recent UK wide vote. If you don't like democracy, go live in a dictatorship fella.

They are putting their country before the mantra from right wing zealots. They don't want us to be crashing out of the EU with no deal and would prefer to follow a controlled leave via a deal. Maybe they would prefer to leave under the circumstances that Farage and the others campaigned via the 2016 referendum (e.g. Norway +)

If it's one of your assumptions the it's highly likely fella.

I think you are, as usual, way off the mark and reading too much right wing, red top press.

HTH
        Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
        Original, we've tried to explain to you on a number of occasions that you lack the ability to analyse things of any complexity whatsoever. You, and you fellow Brexiteers, jump at comforting over-simplicity. You seize on the word 'democracy' and apply you own, completely incorrect, naive interpretation. In the context of the UK, and its representative system, a referendum is actually contrary to the democratic principles of our country. As I've said before, Brexiteers and other religious/zany ideology people like you, have a right to express opinions and hold bonkers beliefs, but you shouldn't be voting or otherwise interfering in the general running of society. Look at the terrible mess that has been created. .
        WTS. But it won't stop OPM putting in his simplistic twaddle.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
          So would you have expected Leave supporters to accept the result if it were reversed?
          No. Only a big majority, one way or the other, would have settled it. Even the Scottish referendum 44.5/55.5 was close enough that it hasn't shut the SNP up.
          Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
            No. Only a big majority, one way or the other, would have settled it. Even the Scottish referendum 44.5/55.5 was close enough that it hasn't shut the SNP up.
            I have a feeling that 10/90 wouldn't have done either...
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Will there be 17.4 million people marching through London at the weekend complaining that Boris said they were leaving on the 31st but hasn't quite happened....
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                Will there be 17.4 million people marching through London at the weekend complaining that Boris said they were leaving on the 31st but hasn't quite happened....
                If it helps him, the Council are currently clearing out ditches round our way.
                Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

I am sure I missed the headline about 17.4 million people marching after the 31st March deadline was missed. I must read the papers more closely.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    I am sure I missed the headline about 17.4 million people marching after the 31st March deadline was missed. I must read the papers more closely.
                    I think the headline would have been more like 17.4 million people voted and then just decided to sit on their fat arses and moan
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I think the headline would have been more like 17.4 million people voted and then just decided to sit on their fat arses and moan
                      16.4 million had no idea what they were voting for. Except it would upset DC. And have not given another thought to it since 2016.

Comment

Working...
                      X