• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More rehash of the same old entrenched positions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    I think the headline would have been more like 17.4 million people voted and then just decided to sit on their fat arses and moan
    I suppose we could act like Remoaners, spoilt little children who aren't quite getting the attention they demand.
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      Will there be 17.4 million people marching through London at the weekend complaining that Boris said they were leaving on the 31st but hasn't quite happened....
      A delay is one thing - Grieve et al will eventually run out of cunning wheezes to delay (and that's if he and his friends survive the next GE). However, if A50 is ever revoked, you will see 'activity' on the streets of Westminster.
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
        A delay is one thing - Grieve et al will eventually run out of cunning wheezes to delay (and that's if he and his friends survive the next GE). However, if A50 is ever revoked, you will see 'activity' on the streets of Westminster.
        Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency.... Our *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surprise.... I'll come in again.
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
          It will never be revoked.

But the reason it is article 50 is that it will take 50 years to implement.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
            So would you have expected Leave supporters to accept the result if it were reversed?
            Er, no. Because they said they wouldn't.

I suppose we could act like Brexiters, spoilt little children who aren't quite getting the attention they demand.
            FTFY
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Less on both sides would be welcome.
              Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
                Less on both sides would be welcome.
                In Britain? Dream on.

Comment

In CUK? Dream on.
                  ftfy

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
                    Original, we've tried to explain to you on a number of occasions that you lack the ability to analyse things of any complexity whatsoever. You, and you fellow Brexiteers, jump at comforting over-simplicity. You seize on the word 'democracy' and apply you own, completely incorrect, naive interpretation. In the context of the UK, and its representative system, a referendum is actually contrary to the democratic principles of our country. As I've said before, Brexiteers and other religious/zany ideology people like you, have a right to express opinions and hold bonkers beliefs, but you shouldn't be voting or otherwise interfering in the general running of society. Look at the terrible mess that has been created. .

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I suppose we could act like Remoaners, spoilt little children who aren't quite getting the attention they demand.
                      I think you'll find it's the adults who reject an obviously losing scenario rather than wail, falsely, about the "will of the people".
                      Last edited by sasguru; 29 October 2019, 20:38.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X