• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More rehash of the same old entrenched positions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Sorry - the president of the EU has been telling people to resist the democratic vote and over turn it.

How can someone who supposedly represents a democratic community take that stance?

I am not angry at all - just putting the facts out there for people to make up their own mind.
    Do you actually read, and understand, what you type before you press "Submit reply"?

He's not "telling" people to take to the streets, like in Hong Kong, and resist the UK law. He is merely pointing out that as we're going through a democratic GE in the UK, that this is our chance to change our mind on the mess we have made since 2016. He has as much right to say this as anything, and everything that Trump says.

And by "overturn it", again he's suggesting this can be achieved via the UK democratic process.

Geeze fella, seriously, open your eyes, stop reading the biased rubbish right wing press that is tainting your view, and start to think for yourself. I'm not saying you should change your mind on staying or leaving, but at least understand a bit about how democracy works.
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
      Do you actually read, and understand, what you type before you press "Submit reply"?

He's not "telling" people to take to the streets, like in Hong Kong, and resist the UK law. He is merely pointing out that as we're going through a democratic GE in the UK, that this is our chance to change our mind on the mess we have made since 2016. He has as much right to say this as anything, and everything that Trump says.

And by "overturn it", again he's suggesting this can be achieved via the UK democratic process.

Geeze fella, seriously, open your eyes, stop reading the biased rubbish right wing press that is tainting your view, and start to think for yourself. I'm not saying you should change your mind on staying or leaving, but at least understand a bit about how democracy works.
      Ironing, anyone?
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
        Ironing, anyone?
        Too complex for you to understand fella?

Comment

Too complex for you to understand fella?
          I understand it perfectly. Thanks for your concern though.
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
            I understand it perfectly. Thanks for your concern though.
            Thought I'd check. Season of goodwill, and all that. Have to look out for the elderly this time of year.

Comment

Jeezus

So if whichever party gets in in this GE is not your preferred choice are you going to demand that we have another one straight way - and then another one until you get the answer you want?

We had a democratic vote in 2016 on whether to stay or leave the EU - there was never anything about having another one if some people did not like the answer they got.

He is trying to ensure the UK stays in the EU because without the UK in the EU the EU is considerable weaker - which is against what the democratic majority voted for in 2016.

You seem to be one of these people

Comment

All Cameron's fault, should have reminded people that it wasn't legally binding and that it should have been a 2/3 majority to make it legally binding. May was just a waste of 2 years.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Thought I'd check. Season of goodwill, and all that. Have to look out for the elderly this time of year.
                  Indeed, you might get there yourself one day.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                    Jeezus

So if whichever party gets in in this GE is not your preferred choice are you going to demand that we have another one straight way - and then another one until you get the answer you want?

We had a democratic vote in 2016 on whether to stay or leave the EU - there was never anything about having another one if some people did not like the answer they got.

He is trying to ensure the UK stays in the EU because without the UK in the EU the EU is considerable weaker - which is against what the democratic majority voted for in 2016.

You seem to be one of these people
                    You really do miss the point don't you?

To make it really, really easy for you ....... we are currently working up to a general election, where we get to vote for parties who 'promise' us things. If a party wins a majority, irrespective of what has gone before, and promised by other parties or PMs, this can be thrown out the window and the new government can create their own laws.

These laws could be, for arguments sake, oh, I don't know, how about, repealing A50. Or, pushing through a no deal hard brexit. Or asking Trump if we can be the 51st state.

That's what our democracy allows.

It's not me, or any other remainer, demanding that A50 is repealed, it's about whoever wins the most seats (or has the support of the most MPs) pushing through their policies.

As I've said hundreds of times on here, whilst I think it's best for the UK to stay in the EU I think the voting public deserves a hard brexit, and to feel the pain of their stupidity and trusting Bojo and his pals. I'm comfortably well off enough that neither staying or leaving will impact me too much.

Comment

You really do miss the point don't you?
                      What Original is saying is "Let's say I was stupid and wrong. Very stupid and very wrong. If that is true it doesn't matter because nearly 50% of the British population were also very stupid and very wrong. So it is perfectly alright to get the country shafted for generations". Like so many other simpletons he can't grasp that 'democracy' never did, and never can, mean letting ordinary people decide what happens. Brexit has shown how irrational and self-deluded the average person is.
                      "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X