• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

General Election it is then...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    ...and It should also provide a smooth transition for Scotland to become an independent country as a member of the EU.
    Can't wait for Scots to join the Euro.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      If Edinburgh can call itself "Athens of the North" then why can't the whole of Scotland call itself "Greece of the North"? Seems fair to me.

His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Looking at the devaluation of the pound over the last few years, I think the Scots can't wait either.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Greek debt has already had the medicine, the rest of world not. Smart money is buying Greek shares like there's no tomorrow.

Once-toxic Greek debt is now in high demand as global recession fears mount

Greek debt, viewed as poisonous just years ago, is now in high demand as investors seek stable assets amid a global economic slowdown — and a possible recession.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Looking at the devaluation of the pound over the last few years, I think the Scots can't wait either.
            Since selling the house, I'm sitting on a pile of cash, mostly Euro. Looking forward to pick up some bargains.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

...and It should also provide a smooth transition for Scotland to become an independent country as a member of the EU.
              The final collapse of the English Empire.
              Last edited by Old Greg; 3 November 2019, 14:46.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                The final collapse the English Empire.
                Nah, they'll not let go of Wales. And the Welsh love to be dominated.

Comment

There will need to be a hard border between England and Scotland. Now that's something we can all support...
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    Nah, they'll not let go of Wales. And the Welsh love to be dominated.
                    My experience of Welsh ladies says this is true.

Comment

Were they quite hairy too?
                      Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                      My experience of Welsh ladies says this is true.
                      Sent from my Boris
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X