• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

General Election it is then...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Major Hassle View Post
    Corbyn has left Labour dead in a ditch ?
    Possibly, but we're talking about Uxbridge and the massive swing to Labour that happened in 2017.

HTH, BIDI.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
      but hey, the voting public are idiots ...
      Spoken like a true democrat !

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
        Spoken like a true democrat !
        Democracy eventually leads to national decline when cretins like yourself start making decisions. Nothing to be done about that but make money from the chaos.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

We're talking students here, who in the most, would rather use instagram to share photos of their quinoa lunch salad than bother their pimply arses to go and vote
          ftfy

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            ftfy

You may be right, you may not be. We'll all find out for sure in a few weeks. But until then, those Tories in marginal seats with high student numbers will be sweating like MF in a cake shop

My prediction for this election is every prediction on CUK of what will happen will be incorrect
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

My prediction for this election is every prediction on CUK of what will happen will be incorrect
              Well you've certainly got YOUR prediction off to a flyer.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                Well you've certainly got YOUR prediction off to a flyer.

I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

We're talking students here, who in the most, vote left. Boris has over 10,000 of them in his constituency (Brunel Uni). Most of these students would not have had a say in 2016 ..... who knows how they will respond in a few weeks time
                  You're assuming they had the wherewithal to put themselves on the electoral roll, and even some of those who did may well have buggered off home for the Crimbo holidays. And just so you know (it's a part of the world I know well) a large proportion of those students actually reside in the neighbouring constituency - whose MP happens to be the shadow chancellor, Mr John McDonnell...
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
                    Jeez, it's like being back in the early 80s. Militant Tendency and all that shyte.
                    More like the early 70's I wager, Prawn cocktails & corned beef will soon be back on the menu.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Democracy for the most part works. What I detest though is first past the post voting in a populated country. Then as soon as a new government gets in boundaries are changed, a campaign of lies unfolds, mud flinging etc. How can you call it a democracy after you've been through all that.
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X