• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

General Election it is then...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Democracy for the most part works. What I detest though is first past the post voting in a populated country. Then as soon as a new government gets in boundaries are changed, a campaign of lies unfolds, mud flinging etc. How can you call it a democracy after you've been through all that.
    Maybe you should consider moving to a country with a voting system you do like. Oh, hang on...
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Listening to two Brexiteers at loggerheads on LBC makes clear that there will be an almighty mess once the UK starts negotiating the trade deal.

Whatever the consequences, the inevitable demise of the UK will be an immensely entertaining spectacle.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        Listening to two Brexiteers at loggerheads on LBC makes clear that there will be an almighty mess once the UK starts negotiating the trade deal.
        It was always going to be thus.

Johnson saying that we can do an FTA within 10 months, because “we’re starting from a position of alignment”.

It’s not the starting position that is the question, it’s the proposed destination that will take far longer than 10 months just within the U.K. to gain agreement on what it is that we actually want.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
          It was always going to be thus.

Johnson saying that we can do an FTA within 10 months, because “we’re starting from a position of alignment”.

It’s not the starting position that is the question, it’s the proposed destination that will take far longer than 10 months just within the U.K. to gain agreement on what it is that we actually want.
          There's going to be endless acrimonious fights about extending the transition period as the UK becomes a vassal state of the EU. On the positive side manufacturers should get enough time to shut their factories down in an orderly manner.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

I'll vote lib dem...

Oh wait no I won't.

Antoinette Sandbach: Remoaner snitch - spiked

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
              There's going to be endless acrimonious fights about extending the transition period as the UK becomes a vassal state of the EU. On the positive side manufacturers should get enough time to shut their factories down in an orderly manner.
              Johnson's Surrender Deal also allows an orderly secession of NI to Ireland over a decade or so, avoiding the economic and social shock of sudden reunification.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                Johnson's Surrender Deal also allows an orderly secession of NI to Ireland over a decade or so, avoiding the economic and social shock of sudden reunification.
                ...and It should also provide a smooth transition for Scotland to become an independent country as a member of the EU.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  I'll vote lib dem...

Oh wait no I won't.

Antoinette Sandbach: Remoaner snitch - spiked
                  Spiked. Classic!

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                    Maybe you should consider moving to a country with a voting system you do like. Oh, hang on...
                    Can now vote in both countries.

Lib dim all the way!
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Labour catching up in the polls, and with the Brexit party attacking the Tories the most likely outcome is a parliament very similar to the current one, and with a speaker very much like Bercow. If that's the case, there could well be a repeat of the Benn act that will force a Tory minority government to stay in a transition period until parliament agrees on a free trade deal,

Look forward to the shenanigans.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X