• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

General Election predictions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Labour are going to go back to the EU to negotiate a new deal on the premise that it will be put to the people against 'remain' in a new referendum.

At least it will show how much France and Germany want the UK (and its veto) out if Corbyn does get any deal at all.

If they want the UK to stay (as net contributor to fund their failing project) then they just need to say it's May/Boris deal or none, put that to a referendum against 'remain'.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
      So Labour are going to go back to the EU to negotiate a new deal on the premise that it will be put to the people against 'remain' in a new referendum.

At least it will show how much France and Germany want the UK (and its veto) out if Corbyn does get any deal at all.

If they want the UK to stay (as net contributor to fund their failing project) then they just need to say it's May/Boris deal or none, put that to a referendum against 'remain'.
      Why people keep believing EU wants UK to stay for its couple of bn net contribution is beyond me...

So EU is going over all this sh** show so they don't lose 8bn contribution!? Really!?
      "The boy who cried Sheep"

Comment

Jeremy Corbyn vowed to "transform" Britain by taking on "the few who run a corrupt system" as he kicked off Labour's election campaign.

"So we're going after the tax dodgers. We're going after the dodgy landlords. We're going after the bad bosses. We're going after the big polluters. Because we know whose side we're on."
        I just don't believe that the electorate goes for crazy. And I dont think the electorate really want the government to 'go after' people.

Most folk just want a steady job and not to get their pay check savaged.

This is going to be bad for labour.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          I think the conservatives will do all right in Scotland. Being the only party saying no to another independence referendum when the polls are still pretty clear that the majority would still vote no will guarantee them a decent turnout.
          I wonder why this logic doesn't seem to apply to the Lib Dems? You'd think that the %48 percent of people who want to remain will vote for either them or the Greens and they should do pretty well out of that. Thsi was shown to be true in the European elections. So why don't they even merit an option on this poll?

I think the Lib Dems should give explicit instructions on how to tactical vote, and arrange with other remain parties to make sure only one candidate of their coalition is running in each area. They should rename their coalition to "Remain" or "End Brexit" and only refer to it as that from now on. They should never call it an election, but only refer to it as "the referendum". They should run a national billboard ad explaining that this is actually the referendum and if people want Boris' deal, they should vote Tory and if they want to remain, vote for "Remain". Then pound everyone over the heads with the truth that Boris' deal actually means another 10 years of negotiating with the EU, and a vote for the Remain Coalition means we stop talking about Brexit forever on December 13.

Given some clever advertising, this strategy could win and leave Labour with a handful of seats.

Comment

Originally posted by hairymouse View Post
            I wonder why this logic doesn't seem to apply to the Lib Dems? You'd think that the %48 percent of people who want to remain will vote for either them or the Greens and they should do pretty well out of that. Thsi was shown to be true in the European elections. So why don't they even merit an option on this poll?

I think the Lib Dems should give explicit instructions on how to tactical vote, and arrange with other remain parties to make sure only one candidate of their coalition is running in each area. They should rename their coalition to "Remain" or "End Brexit" and only refer to it as that from now on. They should never call it an election, but only refer to it as "the referendum". They should run a national billboard ad explaining that this is actually the referendum and if people want Boris' deal, they should vote Tory and if they want to remain, vote for "Remain". Then pound everyone over the heads with the truth that Boris' deal actually means another 10 years of negotiating with the EU, and a vote for the Remain Coalition means we stop talking about Brexit forever on December 13.

Given some clever advertising, this strategy could win and leave Labour with a handful of seats.
            OR... break completely the electorate and give a big majority to Tories even with ~40% of global votes...

Comment

Originally posted by hairymouse View Post
              Because, although they'll probably do quite well, I think there's virtually no chance of them winning the most seats.
              Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
                Because, although they'll probably do quite well, I think there's virtually no chance of them winning the most seats.
                To be fair there is no real chance either of Labour getting it and they are still there on the poll!

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
                  The British electorate are a bit dim, and can't see past the 2 main parties when it comes to the GE. If they dislike Tory, they consider any vote apart from Labour as a vote for Boris. Conversely, if they dislike Corbyn, they will consider any vote apart from Tory as a vote for Labour. They can't seem to get their heads around the fact that, if many of them voted for the party they wanted, rather than trying to second guess other voters and voting tactically, then maybe their party may actually win.

In the recent EU votes, because we were not voting for a party, but individuals, we saw a good mix across left, right and middle. I would love this to translate to Westminster (even if it did mean the likes of the Brexit Party getting seats) because then we could start to get a more mature parliament that can learn to compromise to get more balanced policies.

For too long we've had a polarised Westminster that could do with changing.
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by CryingSheep View Post
                    To be fair there is no real chance either of Labour getting it and they are still there on the poll!
                    True, and I did think of adding "(don't laugh)" to the Labour option.
                    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Outside Interference has started

Check out Farage later on LBC:

Donald Trump going on LBC to heap praise on Boris and attack Corbyn is exactly what Corbyn needs and exactly what Boris doesn't need.
                      Donald Trump intervenes telling Nigel Farage via ⁦LBC:

‘You and Boris Johnson, if you got together, would be an unstoppable force. Jeremy Corbyn would be so bad for your country’

-Labour should play that quote over and over and over again
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X