• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

General Election predictions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only thing you can say about this election is minority parties will gain a record number of seats. That fragmentation is, ironically, seen across all of Europe
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      The only thing you can say about this election is minority parties will gain a record number of seats. That fragmentation is, ironically, seen across all of Europe
      They wont.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        They wont.
        Given your track record of "prediction" it's a dead cert.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

at a stroke my UK competition in the EU and my EU competion in the UK will be removed
          I doubt your status will alter very much irrespective of the result.

Even in the case of the most gifted continental janitors, your grasp of the local lingo, pedestrian though that may be, will always give you the edge.

You should be proud, you've smashed your parents' most optimistic hopes for you.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Lid Dems had 60 seats 10 years ago. They will get 40-50.

SNP had 56, they will get about 50.

DUP and SF can't increase their numbers.

The big talking point after this is over will be the working class swing to the conservatives.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              Lid Dems had 60 seats 10 years ago. They will get 40-50.

SNP had 56, they will get about 50.

DUP and SF can't increase their numbers.

The big talking point after this is over will be the working class swing to the conservatives.
              You're ignoring the Brexit Party. Do you think they will steal some of the Tory vote (and potentially lose both of them seats) or do you expect all leavers to stick with the Tory party as a defence against Corbyn.

Be interesting to hear what the hard line brexiters on here will do
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

I don't see anywhere in the country that will give the Brexit party 30% ish of the vote to give them an MP.

Comment

They won't at least at the level you might expect... I agree they will have record no of votes, but not seats due to how British democratic system works!
                  "The boy who cried Sheep"

Comment

Originally posted by CryingSheep View Post
                    They won't at least at the level you might expect... I agree they will have record no of votes, but not seats due to how British democratic system works!
                    There was a referendum in 2011 and the public voted to keep the status quo.

In some ways its a good thing. Who wants a seat for NF/BNP/whatever they are called these days?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      There was a referendum in 2011 and the public voted to keep the status quo.

In some ways its a good thing. Who wants a seat for NF/BNP/whatever they are called these days?
                      Not saying it's a bad system, like any other has good and bad things... in this case I think it 'protects' the big parties (Conservatives/Labour) and 'local' parties (DUP/SNP)
                      "The boy who cried Sheep"

Comment

Working...
                      X