• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

General Election predictions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    There could be more of those soon as per the will of the hardline Brexiters.
    Suits me.

No quarter given, no quarter asked!
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Now the flakes have a problem...
      UKIP has lost it’s Dick Braine of a leader, so if you can’t vote for Boris and his lies, and you don’t want to be seen as a racist who encourages violence, what right wing party can you vote for?
      Like Nelson Mandela you mean? Violence is fine as long as civilian casualties minimized?

I have never understood why he is now seen as a freedom fighter?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Like Nelson Mandela you mean? Violence is fine as long as civilian casualties minimized?

I have never understood why he is now seen as a freedom fighter?
        It's like the 'fight against terrorism' where it's 'ok' to bomb kids in foreign countries. They're not someone's children, they're 'collateral damage'.

To remain on topic, that is partly why Corbyn gets away with what he's done and said regarding various factions and many will still vote Labour.
        Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
          It's like the 'fight against terrorism' where it's 'ok' to bomb kids in foreign countries. They're not someone's children, they're 'collateral damage'.

To remain on topic, that is partly why Corbyn gets away with what he's done and said regarding various factions and many will still vote Labour.
          What's in the Labour Manifesto regarding Brexit?

If Labour canvassers turn up at my door I shall be asking the question regarding their stance on Brexit.
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
            No way the LibDems will get anywhere near 300 seats. They only got 13 last time.
            They'll bounce back to at least where they were before Nick Clegg sold them out in his coalition.

They don't need 300 seats, just more than the red and blues to get a minority government with other pro-EU parties.

It's a long shot, but if all the remoaners voted yellow and not tactically voted Labour (anything but the tories, yet Labour would screw up just as bad as May/Boris trying to get BRINO) who knows what may happen.

Not that I'm particularly pro-EU. I just think with the shambles of the last 3 years it's obvious that the only sane way forward is to revoke Article 50 so the existing UK/EU position as a primary member is retained and guide the EU superstate project to failure from the inside by retaining the veto.
            Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
              What's in the Labour Manifesto regarding Brexit?

If Labour canvassers turn up at my door I shall be asking the question regarding their stance on Brexit.
              No idea. I have plenty of bog roll so not got any use for any manifestos and their 'promises'.

The initial stance on Brexit for Labour appears to be to give the public a second referendum. So no guarantee that if in power they'd do any better then the Conservatives in delivering what the public voted.

Why didn't Boris try to get his Withdrawal Agreement made law to 'get brexit done'? He knows it's a crap reheated May's deal.

Why didn't Labour push for a second referendum instead of a GE? They want to bodge a brexit just like the Conservatives have done. They don't want the people truly deciding.

Why will some still vote for The Brexit Party, despite Farage been shown to be the EU pension gravy train career politician just like the rest? They want a hard brexit not BRINO. Though why they trust Trump and a USA trade deal that would be in the UK's interest is beyond logic.

The Lib Dems are the only party offering to reset the whole tulip show and we can put the nightmare of the last three years to rest.

Just my thoughts. I've only had one coffee so far this morning so who knows if I'm cohesive.

Comment

There could be more of those soon as per the will of the hardline Brexiters.
                Only on your planet though.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                  Suits me.

No quarter given, no quarter asked!
                  ooooo
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Why didn't Boris try to get his Withdrawal Agreement made law to 'get brexit done'? He knows it's a crap reheated May's deal.
                    How on earth do you think he would get anything close to a majority for that!?

Why didn't Labour push for a second referendum instead of a GE? They want to bodge a brexit just like the Conservatives have done. They don't want the people truly deciding.
                    Ok, this one could be a closer one, but it was put for a vote on the parliament in the pass and didn't get anywhere close to a majority, why risk a defeat on this now?

Plus, last time I checked Labour didn't push for a GE, they (reluctantly) accept it as the only possible way out...
                    "The boy who cried Sheep"

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                      What are the odds of a moderator forming a coherent sentence before polling day?
                      Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                      Not worth betting on...
                      In my defence, I nearly collapsed on Sunday, and was admitted into hospital on Monday, so my brain is probably (more) addled by drugs. It was serious, but treatable. I'll be back to my usual crap form by next Monday.

Btw, I don't have a vote. But I've still no idea which way I'd go. Current incumbent is Alex Burghart. (Brentwood and Ongar)
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X