• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

General Election predictions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    In my defence, I nearly collapsed on Sunday, and was admitted into hospital on Monday, so my brain is probably (more) addled by drugs. It was serious, but treatable. I'll be back to my usual crap form by next Monday.
    I thought you were not giving enough bans out.

Get well soon. I think....

Comment

Originally posted by CryingSheep View Post
      How on earth do you think he would get anything close to a majority for that!?
      Exactly. Boris tried to fast track his deal through so scrutiny could be reduced/avoided. When that failed he knew his lame deal was a dead duck and dropped the process.

Originally posted by CryingSheep View Post
      Ok, this one could be a closer one, but it was put for a vote on the parliament in the pass and didn't get anywhere close to a majority, why risk a defeat on this now?

Plus, last time I checked Labour didn't push for a GE, they (reluctantly) accept it as the only possible way out...
      That's the problem with both the tories and labour, too many divisive individuals either worried about keeping their seat so they can't go against their constituent's brexit leave/remain stance, are in someone's pocket to either leave with no deal or remain at any cost, to make parliament work.

So we've got an opposition reluctant to try to attain power via a GE , an incumbent with no working majority, and an overall parliament that's as divided as the country on how to handle brexit.

They're going to shuffle the pack and hope some new jokers get elected as MPs to break the shambles of a deadlock. We'll see if it works, otherwise back to the same old merry-go-round into next year where even a second referendum doesn't guarantee the deadlock will be broken, as the MPs are unable to give the people what they want however they vote, unless either leave/remain MPs get a majority across party lines.
      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        I thought you were not giving enough bans out.

Get well soon. I think....
        Ta. I'd say what it is, but you lot would only take the piss. And I get enough of that from the urologists.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by MasterBait View Post
          General elections won't resolve anything Brexit wise. The only thing that will give a definitive answer is a new referendum where whatever deal is on the table will run against remain.
          Untrue. If any party can get a majority they are likely to push something through whether that is Boris' deal, a referendum, or revoking A50.

Parliament has already voted for the deal, I thought?
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Untrue. If any party can get a majority they are likely to push something through whether that is Boris' deal, a referendum, or revoking A50.

The key word there is "if". I think a majority is highly unlikely. But you can never tell.

Comment

Ta. I'd say what it is, but you lot would only take the piss. And I get enough of that from the urologists.
              take the piss? us? how can you Think such a thing?

Comment

How was the umbrella treatment?
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

I think he meant, assuming no party will get a majority.

They vote that they accept the deal in principle. Whatever that means is not the same as accepting the deal...
                  "The boy who cried Sheep"

Comment

UK election polls: Boris Johnson soars into 17-point opinion poll lead ahead of Jeremy Corbyn | London Evening Standard

I honestly think it will be a massive majority for the conservatives.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                      You honestly thought we were leaving on 31st March.

Sit down.

Comment

Working...
                      X