• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

General Election predictions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Hardly screaming. The SNP have a very good point as the 3rd biggest party. They also have the best leader of the parties. Even if she looks the worst - which says something when up against Johnson/Korbyn.....
    It's undemocratic to have the SNP and/or LD there ... doesn't everyone understand we're a 2 party state and we don't want to rock the boat. I mean, look how well parliament has been working
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Hardly screaming. The SNP have a very good point as the 3rd biggest party. They also have the best leader of the parties. Even if she looks the worst - which says something when up against Johnson/Korbyn.....
      Standing in 8% of the seats though. She gets to prattle on about her caring ethical values to 92% of the UK that haven't have their schools completely screwed by her party's battuliptery. It is an unfair advantage.

They defo have the most media training though. Her head bobbing, phrasing and whimsical little chuckles are identical to Salmond's style ( Not that you see him much these days ).

And the 30-40 year old group that you probably don't get to see much of in England all do exactly the same. It's a bizarre Stepford Wives type of thing. Freaks me out.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        Standing in 8% of the seats though. She gets to prattle on about her caring ethical values to 92% of the UK that haven't have their schools completely screwed by her party's battuliptery. It is an unfair advantage.

They defo have the most media training though. Her head bobbing, phrasing and whimsical little chuckles are identical to Salmond's style ( Not that you see him much these days ).

And the 30-40 year old group that you probably don't get to see much of in England all do exactly the same. It's a bizarre Stepford Wives type of thing. Freaks me out.
        Shades of Hazel Blears and Dolores Umbridge.
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

The big talking point after this is over will be the working class swing to the conservatives.

Tories Take 20 Point Lead With Working Class Voters - Guido Fawkes

The "we know what is best for the working class" schtick has finally run its course.

Comment

The "we know what is best for the working class" schtick has finally run its course.
            finally? finally? that will never die

Comment

Tories Take 20 Point Lead With Working Class Voters - Guido Fawkes

Since the start of the campaign, amongst working class voters:
              Cons - up 10
              Lab - up 4
              Lib Dem - down 3
              Brexit party - down 11
              So Labour is up in this category and
              Tories are well up, picking up Brexit Party votes.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                So Labour is up in this category and
                Tories are well up, picking up Brexit Party votes.
                The combined Tory + BP vote has dropped since the beginning of November. They were at 50% and bit over, now slowly dropping into the mid 40's.

Getting squeezed as Nigel Farage = Boris Johnson.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                  The combined Tory + BP vote has dropped since the beginning of November. They were at 50% and bit over, now slowly dropping into the mid 40's.

Getting squeezed as Nigel Farage = Boris Johnson.
                  There were a couple of 50% polls then and there have been a couple in the last few days.

This is the end of the road for the stop Brexit bedwetters. Boris is going to get a 60+ majority with 42-45% of the vote. Out go the Grieves and the Letwins and in come MPs who will back him.

Comment

Boris is going to get a 60+ majority with 42-45% of the vote.
                    Boris as PM for the next few years is not something I particularly relish. But looking on the bright side there is the silver lining of getting rid of Corbyn and consigning the DUP back into obscurity.
                    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

There were a couple of 50% polls then and there have been a couple in the last few days.

This is the end of the road for the stop Brexit bedwetters. Boris is going to get a 60+ majority with 42-45% of the vote. Out go the Grieves and the Letwins and in come MPs who will back him.
                      Well there is nothing more entertaining than watching the UK struggle with endless negotiations on some future trade deal leading to the UK becoming a vassal state, so I say bring it on.

It would also be good for my portfolio.

Last edited by BlasterBates; 18 November 2019, 17:51.
                      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X